Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok not really. My 06 sv650s literally dies when I stab the throttle. Electric still on but motor shuts off. Happened a few times when riding on the street pulling away from a stop light. Afyer say 10 seconds I can turn the key off/on and it fires back up and I'm on my way. Motor is stock. I do have an HM quick shifter installed but that is not working yet due to set up. {I think} Only other thing is I jumped the clutch switch and put a flash relay for LEDs.

Other than that the bike runs like a top. Any and all ideas are welcome.

·
Registered
485 Posts
It's because you bypassed the clutch switch. It isn't just a safety device to prevent you starting the bike in gear, the switch also sends a signal to the ECU to richen the mixture a little when the clutch lever is pulled. The aim of that is to prevent the motor shutting off when you are decelerating on a closed throttle.

However, because you've jumped the switch on your bike, the ECU thinks the clutch lever is pulled ALL the time, this added richness is causing the stall when you first open the throttle to pull away. You need to either bump up your idle speed a little to around 1,400 / 1,500 rpm or un-jump and refit the clutch switch if you can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts