Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a SR-i600 scorpio alarm on my bike (though I must admit it was installed by the previous owner). It has a proximity, tilt, shock, and ignition sensor. But what I like it most for is that it communicates with a key fob when it goes off. That way I might have a chance of catching the kid who knocked it over while trying to get on it :).

It gives me the illusion of piece of mind. I'm not sure if it would deter a really determined bike thief, but it probably keeps the average onlooker at bay.

·
Registered
110 Posts
How about the Xena disc locks with alarms. I have been thinking of picking one up. But if the alarm keeps going off like some say, It's not worth it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah I have full coverage on my bike. I just thought there was a different type of insurance. Is there a chain that's longer than 6 ft in length. The ongaurd only goes to six feet.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Yeah I have full coverage on my bike. I just thought there was a different type of insurance. Is there a chain that's longer than 6 ft in length. The ongaurd only goes to six feet.
You can always get two but then you'll have two locks/keys to worry about lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
With a solid chain and mini alarm GPS device, you can prevent more than 90% of thefts. The spytec I use is most often recommended, and adequate battery life is one of the biggest advantages it has. And during more than a year of use, it rarely loses its position. AMERICALOC is also very good, with a longer battery life, but the accuracy of the position needs to be improved.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Just to add. I have an old Android phone with a cheap PAYG Sim card in it and this app called,"Globio",

It's set up silent but to send me a text if the bike is moved and I just stick it under my locked rear seat when stopped(It has arming delay) plus it acts as a backup emergency phone. I only switch it on when I go out on the Bike to save the battery and keep it charged up. If I wanted to leave it longer I would just plug it into a USB charger block I have under the seat. :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts