Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the dirty evil deed today ... I joined the yella side  :eek:

I couldn't take all that blue abuse anymore and decided to join the ranks of the bright happy yellow people  8) 8) 8) 8)

Now you fast blue people have every right to sing the blues and feel sorry for yourselves   :'(  ;D ;D

Found a dealer 40 miles away that realized that it is the end of the summer, new stock is going to come in, still had quite a bit of old inventory and gave me a good deal on a purty yella SV650S ...  ;D  $6060 OTD  I responded by buying most of my gear there even though it was not exactly what I was looking for.  The quality was equivalent to what I wanted but the colors of the gear is mostly neutral gray when I wanted bright Yellow! 

I will be picking it up early next week.

Now where is that darn dancing yellow bananna when I want it!   ;D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congrats! Remember, blue may be faster (which I don't personaly believe :mad:) but yellow picks up way more girls! ;D

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Currently said:
I did the dirty evil deed today
Now where is that darn dancing yellow banana when I want it! ;D
:eek: :eek: :eek: The guy's with the fast Blue ones always knew there was somethin a bit off with those yellow guys.

Congratulation's on the bike tho and you'll hear it for the gear to.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jagsv650 said:
Congrats! Remember, blue may be faster (which I don't personaly believe :mad:) but yellow picks up way more girls! ;D
I am way past that stage :D  After one divorce, 18 years of child support that got done this past May, a good second wife and 4 grandchildren that I spoil rotten just to get even with all the grief my kids gave me ... and I am not even fifty yet!

Wait till they see Grampy with his new toy ... oooohhh!  I relish the evilness ;D

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WeezerKDI said:
Hmmph, Yellow and a S model....

I'm sorry. ;D
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it ... see they are already singing the blues

I rest my case!

G

·
0 Posts
I have a question, what do you think the odds are of this working...

My plan is to have 4000-4500 saved up by febuary, i plan to take that money to a zook dealer and say " Hey it seems you have some left over 2005 sv650 nakeds lying around, i have around 4500 cash whats say we trade, i mean you need to make some room for the 06 sv's. what do you say?"

my question to you is do you think it'll work?

A

·
0 Posts
It all depends on the dealer, last year I was nearly bought a 2000 Ducati Monster 900 that had been in the show room since 2000. The salesman kept trying to convince me it was a "new" bike because it had never left the show room. I offered him $6K and he wouldn't even give me a counter offer. I forget how low he eventually went but it was only like $500 less then a new Monster 800.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Currently said:
I did the dirty evil deed today ... I joined the yella side  :eek:

I couldn't take all that blue abuse anymore and decided to join the ranks of the bright happy yellow people  8) 8) 8) 8)

Now you fast blue people have every right to sing the blues and feel sorry for yourselves   :'(  ;D ;D

Found a dealer 40 miles away that realized that it is the end of the summer, new stock is going to come in, still had quite a bit of old inventory and gave me a good deal on a purty yella SV650S ...  ;D  $6060 OTD  I responded by buying most of my gear there even though it was not exactly what I was looking for.  The quality was equivalent to what I wanted but the colors of the gear is mostly neutral gray when I wanted bright Yellow! 

I will be picking it up early next week.

Now where is that darn dancing yellow bananna when I want it!   ;D
It is of my opinion that you have made a very good buy my friend. 8) Now if they were willing to let a beautiful YELLOW go for that price. I imagine the blue would have went for a lot less money! He! He! ::) ;D
Seriously great buy, pretty black frame and YELLOW paint rocks. ;) I think neutral gray colors of the gear was a wise decision too. Think about it grey colors will go with any bike paint color. 8)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Currently said:
Now where is that darn dancing yellow bananna when I want it! ;D

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yellow is good. It bright vibrant and on 75% of squid bikes out there.

J/K good deal there. Would jump on that if someone around here did that.

·
Registered
326 Posts
So they practically have to give away the yellow ones eh? :lol:

Congrats on the new ride.

Q

·
0 Posts
Great to see more Yellows around. I bought mine while on vacation in NJ from Manahawkin Cycle Center with plans on driving it back until the hurricanes starting comming through. Ended up trailering it until I got into the panhandle of Texas and met up with a friend on a Shadow.
I have only seen one other Yellow around town and that was in a salvage yard while picking up a friends scooter.
I'm going to get a lot of crap for saying this but I prefer the yellow over the blue any day.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Welcome you are a seriously cool Grampy!!!

I don't know why you yellow and blue boys forget about the sexy redness!! ;D

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AlexJ said:
Welcome you are a seriously cool Grampy!!!

I don't know why you yellow and blue boys forget about the sexy redness!! ;D
Maybe it is just because you are a girl ....

And nobody remembers what color bike you have after they meet you! ;D

I still vividly remember those leather posts!
And to top it off, a British accent!

I might be a grampa, but I am still human! <evil grin>

Seriously, I looked VERY hard at this gorgeous RED SV1000,
All of your posts here made it easy to decide the 650 was the one!

Thank you all for your responses and compliments.
Just because of this forum, I have spent a lot of money!

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Hey how do you know all that stuff - I thought that you were a newb! ;D

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
AlexJ said:
Hey how do you know all that stuff - I thought that you were a newb! ;D
But I have been lurking for a long time!
How else can I explain making all these correct decisions!

With people like you all around me, how can I make a bad decision!

(You blue people ... keep it quiet ... after all it is a SV650 ... gimme that much credit!)

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D 

Lets see now ...

Gear,
MotoGP Grid leather/textile jacket, Arai, Oxtars Matrix boots, MotoGP RPM gloves *these feel awesome*
MotoGP Grid pants on order, Nate's Motosliders on order, Thruster bike stands on order.

Also coming, rear shock and front emulators.

Next year ... FE, Holeshot .... maybe a lower faring, haven't decided on that one yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts