Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it has begun, after riding it for the last month I've decided to get the SV upgraded so I can have a better ride especially when I hit the track, all thanks to SVRider members and their swaps and my friend with his SV1000 that referred me to this site :hug: Here's so pics of my progress.

In stock form, eliminated the rear fender and chopped the muffler.

There goes the front end!

stock forks.

05 GSXR forks.

The rear with Suzuki pass seat cowl and Suzuki gel seat.

06 ZX10R shock, stock GSXR left rear set, must use the SV gear selector arm as the GSXR was hitting the clutch cable cover.

Made a custom aluminum braket for the stock rear brake cylinder to retain the stock brake line and adjusted the rod.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. More pics coming soon, I ran into a small problem with the front brake line, I'm using the Swatt 2 1/2" clip on's which are a little bulky compare to some other makes, anyways, the front brake line going to the radial master is too short, I don't see anyone running into this problem, maybe it's just me??? I guess it's time to start looking for a longer brake line so I can get this front end back together.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after getting all the parts shipped and bolting it all together it is finally finished! Thanks go to SVXR650 for the rear wheels conversion available on E-bay, Spierings for answering all my questions, Blair for the nice Swatt clip on's and SV members for purchasing my stock parts to offset the cost on this, and my local Suzuki dealer for free tire ballance and discount on parts needed to complete this project:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, I've put a note in that video to consult your owners manual for proper installation, this was my first personal video and my daughter's too, I think she did a better job than me. As far as the chain being tight, I had the wheel on before so the chain adjustment was already done.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts