Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From time to time I see ads in magazines for compaines selling mc goods and I will go online and check out the offerings and the prices. I was reading Roadracer magazine and came across one I hadn't heard of that was offering SV body kits for $400.

www.godfatherracing.com

I kinda like the look... its kinda like the Aerotech (think that was the name). And you get upper and lower fairing plus solo seat rear and the racy looking front fender for that price.... not to shabby IMHO

haven't seen anyone with this kit yet and never heard mentionn so just sharing... they have it for both 99-02 and mewer models but no pics of the newer model fairings
;)

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Their slogan is too funny, LOL:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sounds like they're "making us an offer we can't refuse". ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
from what i have been hearing they have moved the production of all of there bodywork from daytona to somewhere in mexico... and the quality has gotten better. I am not sure if they are still having problems with extreamly long lead times on their orders or not.

C

·
0 Posts
The Full body kit makes the 2000 SV650s series look like the new model. Am I right here?

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it would appear so... it looks more angular but then again.. the nose is not exactly like the new models which to me is the most distinctive aspect of the new and old models

·
Registered
165 Posts
cotang said:
The Full body kit makes the 2000 SV650s series look like the new model. Am I right here?

That body kit is the same as the gsxr bodywork... I had talked to godfather about that a few months ago and you may have to do a few mods to make it fit exactly right. The 2nd gen body is for the sv.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ahh... that is what the nose reminded me of

sounds like you would have to make your own brackets probably

·
Registered
57 Posts
i thought the second gen sv bodywork they have is the same as the newer gsxr body and the first gen is the older gsxr body.  i spoke with them a while ago and haven't checked the new stuff.  i've  seen several sets on and it fits well....you'll just need the correct fairing stay.****hmmm, i just checked out the site and they don't have a pic for the second gen sv body; possibly because a new kit exists.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
they have an actual SV specific kit for the 2nd gens... I emailed them several times a few months ago about getting pics and they kept saying they were about to have some.. but never sent me any, and STILL havent posted any on their website. hell, they havent updated that site in half a year at least.

their bodywork might be cheap, but they dont know how to run a business.

·
Registered
165 Posts
+1 never got back to me about pictures but they had told me who they had bought the mold from... and i cant remember who they said..

·
Registered
125 Posts
I ordered a full race kit from those guys for my 04 SV650s and it took over two months to get it. When I started to take the platics out of the box I was very dissapointed in what I waited over two months for. The fiberglass is thin, the fiberglass seemed britle and the belly pan did not fit at all. All I have to say is you get what you pay for and I would never buy their plastics again. When someone asks me about them I tell tell the to steer away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts