Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I realize there have been tones of questions pertaining to jetting, but I was unable to find an answer to my particular problem. I have the standard de-snorkeled setup (Akro exhaust, 152.5 mains, 170 pilots, 2 shims, and 2.5 turns out. The problem I'm having occurs at idle where the bike backfires (minimal but audible) until it is warm. Additionally when I slow down from a high speed run, sometimes the bike will stall. The idle is set at 1300 so I doubt that is the problem. The bike feels strong in the mid to high end which is nice but I am concerned about the low end. Another interesting tidbit is that the bike would wheelie in 1st after I installed the Akro without the jetting mods. This no longer happens but the upper parts of the rev range feel better. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I would try another 1/2 turn on the fuel mix screw 3 turns total, that should clear up your problem. As for the wheelie, rejetting moves your torque curve up a bit, so that's normal.

Hope this helps,

Grav.

S

·
0 Posts
If the popping/backfire noises persist during cold start up try synchronizing the carbs. Mine had similar issues and thats the only thing that fixed. I tried so many jetting combonations before realizing it was simply out of sync.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Rejetting doesn't "move the torque curve up a bit", PROPER rejetting should improve torque everywhere, or at least make the same torque.

Sounds like there could be a leak somewhere, maybe the flimsy rubber gasket thingie isn't seated properly. FWIW, I kept the stock pilots when I rejetted. Similar setup to yours, desnorkeled, but with Rene dual exhaust. My bike runs normally, no probs whatsoever.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I made the adjustments to 3 full turns out and that seems to have partially done the trick. Now it's time to sync the carbs and all should be well, thanks for all the input. On an aside I just put on some freshie pilot powers and they are awesome. I do lots of sport street riding and these tires fit the bill perfectly.

·
Registered
449 Posts
DanB said:
Rejetting doesn't "move the torque curve up a bit", PROPER rejetting should improve torque everywhere, or at least make the same torque.

Sounds like there could be a leak somewhere, maybe the flimsy rubber gasket thingie isn't seated properly.  FWIW, I kept the stock pilots when I rejetted.  Similar setup to yours, desnorkeled, but with Rene dual exhaust.  My bike runs normally, no probs whatsoever.
This makes sense, thanks for the input, I must've been thinking of something else.

Grav.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts