Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, so after searching the site for about an hour and a half, and finding nothing about what I need to know, I'm making this thread. basically, for those of you who have switched from s to n, what the heck did you do with the s front wiring harness? I guess I'm trying to avoid cutting it more, i've already got the acewell 2852 wired up and working good, but I've got about a foot and a half of extra harness that I need to hide.... what did you guys do??

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ugggg..... not really what I wanted to hear, but glad to know it's been done.... that thing is so friggin' huge anyways..... thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Pull the wires back into the frame and tuck the extra in front of the airbox.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
18" extra? That must be with the N harness... Not that much on my S harness to be found at all.
yeah I just threw out that "foot and a half" comment as a frustrated exaggeration, but it definitely is a lot.... is your s a second gen?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
yeah I just threw out that "foot and a half" comment as a frustrated exaggeration, but it definitely is a lot.... is your s a second gen?
Yup. '05. I tried running the bar control lines outside the fork, which gives a lot more slack, but it rubs against the edge of the fairing... I can see that wearing through the casing (tape) quickly, so I won't be doing that for long. I tried opening up the tank and getting under the air box a couple days ago, but only had a couple hours and didn't get very far (wanted to get everything buttoned back up so it was ready to ride). I'm dealing with a staple in my rear tire (and fairly sucky weather), so it's not like I'm losing a lot of riding time... yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts