Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at last after this little fiasco
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163454

I am 95% done- see if you can spot the next problem :) ... this however was broken since I bought the bike as a wreck... it hasn't been leaking (hint hint) till now, another thing I must have inadvertently jostled and damaged...

I'd like to thank JacobimMugatu for a good deal on the bars and drilled top triple (figured i'd like to keep a spare clamp so this was nice) - he is a great communicator and fast shipper!

Also the risers/bar clamps are from ebay- off of a 04 Honda trx 400ex @ 10 bucks.

Pics!

full versions of my sv650 crap here - http://imgur.com/a/Sv6gE#0

The throttle cables are routed between the tank and bars- this was the only way I could make them reach- brake cables come up behind the forks. Everything else seems to fit- the clutch cable is a little wonky as the "curve" at the end of the whole jacket messes with it's routing down into the frame but- working an smooth left/right was my goal for now.

Overall if is certainly a lot more comfortable- I have focused the last year + on good posture- I can't ride now with my back curved at all- it actually hurts, even with clipons i've straightened out my riding posture. Now I am just tinkering :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Very nicely done! You kind Sir, would you describe to me a little bit detailed how u attached the stock speedometer to the fork? I will do the same mod this winter and I want to keep the stock speedo! My best regards!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a recent thread on here somewhere about eliminating the MC reservoir. If it works, don't fix it, just make it purty!
MOTHER FRACKER.

I got a new thread to post in a few- I made a new reservoir with some PVC from home depot- 5 bucks....

I'd love to elim it but isnt that unsafe? lol

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the solution for the brake fluid res- for now at least...

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163500

Very nicely done! You kind Sir, would you describe to me a little bit detailed how u attached the stock speedometer to the fork? I will do the same mod this winter and I want to keep the stock speedo! My best regards!
I should write something up for this- when I take them off (I guess in the winter maybe? haha) I will paint them (they just got spray bombed lol), measure them and detail what I did...

Basically a friend and I bent and cut sheet metal into an "L" and "arrow" shape, drilled some holes in it that matched up with the brackets that hold the headlights on... its a left and a right piece that are bridged by the speedo itself... It is a bizzare shape and we used cardboard to plan it out, but really anyone could do it- all we needed was a drill, a vice, tin snips... and a small 1/3hp grinder- you could just use a flat file to get the nasty edges off.

PM if you want more info I don't have any good pics of it but i could do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts