Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just picked up an 04 SV650S from a friend a few days ago (he decided he wanted the new R6 whenever it comes out, I don't blame him). Lovin the bike, a little heavier and way more responsive than what I'm used to (Last time I rode was on another friend's Kawi EX-500 two years ago for about 10 minutes, and before that was the MSF course), but hopefully I'll get used to it in a few weeks. Until then, it's parking lots for me!

I'm a little vertically challenged as well, anyone ever shaved the seat a little bit (I plan to if it's a good idea)?

·
Registered
796 Posts
diulei said:
Hey all, just picked up an 04 SV650S from a friend a few days ago (he decided he wanted the new R6 whenever it comes out, I don't blame him). Lovin the bike, a little heavier and way more responsive than what I'm used to (Last time I rode was on another friend's Kawi EX-500 two years ago for about 10 minutes, and before that was the MSF course), but hopefully I'll get used to it in a few weeks. Until then, it's parking lots for me!

I'm a little vertically challenged as well, anyone ever shaved the seat a little bit (I plan to if it's a good idea)?
im guessing the search function will land you lots of hits as this is a common issue. u'd be surprised what you'll find, give it a try. good luck with the new ride and it doesn't hurt to take a refresher msf course like one of the more advanced ones if the basic is too easy for ya.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jiff84 said:
Welcome to SVR. If the bike doesn't already have them, get some frame sliders ASAP. Go with Nate's Motosliders.
Yup, already came with them installed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jiff84 said:
About your seat there have been threads about shaving it down but a recent thread recommended the OEM Low Seat. Oneida has them. Here http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=681
Thanks for the info! I just ordered it, $68.91 after shipping, not bad IMO. From what I read it takes about an inch off, and I think that would really help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts