Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I can respect the ability and nads it takes to do some of those stunts, but I dont want to know how many practice sessions and how many "oops" and "aww chit" moments you go through to get that good.
And doin it without gear is stupid.

I used to ride wheelies around my yard with my dirtbike, and even then I hardly dared to go lid-free even if it was grass...

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Comon guys, this guy is talented, and the guy who does the full speed nose wheelies is unbelievable. Its thier choice not to wear gear, when you are that good, you are in a different place mentally anyway, falling never enters his mind. I detect a hint of jealousy here.......scurry back into your helmets, put down the shield and give the guy the admiration he deserves, im sure he crashed alot to get that good, so hes paid his dues. Hes awesome.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
You are right, he's very good at what he does.
And if he wants to be the next candidate for a face transplant, thats his right.
But I can still call him stupid (notice I did make note of his ability in my prior post). I agree that his mind is in a different place when doin those stunts...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sick moves! I loved it! That jumping from the seat and ground to the tank thing... damn!
Why do some you guys get OFFENDED when people are doing stunts on bikes? WTF? It's not like the dude is stunting YOUR bike!

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Why? Because average joes get ideas from these retards and that shit on the street.
Which makes A) all sportbikers look bad, b)raises insurance rates when they wreck a brand new 1kgsxr, or whatever else b) leads to life long injuries, death, suffering.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
PaPa-G said:
Why? Because average joes get ideas from these retards and that s**t on the street.
Which makes A) all sportbikers look bad, b)raises insurance rates when they wreck a brand new 1kgsxr, or whatever else b) leads to life long injuries, death, suffering.
We all have watched stupid TV tricks too (Beavis/butthead/southpark/Jackass/and the like) but we dont all rush out and do that stuff. A) Sportbikes look bad because most of the people riding them are not up to the par of the bike, so all dressed up, loud pipe, no skills. B) Insurance rates are up because of the stupid practice of totalling the bike with paint scratches and minor damage (thanks to the dealers(sorry manufacturers) wanting to sell more bikes) and the salvage scam loophole. and the inexperienced riders listed in A.. C) Injuries, death and suffering have always been the responsibility of the rider- him/her- self, and thier own decisions. Get over it guys.....these guys are good.

·
Registered
203 Posts
There was one scene with a guy doing a wheelie with a* leathers and a helmet. For the most part alot of it was lowspeed highchair wheelies, I don't see the harm in that. I don't even think for a second that stunting is somthing I could do well and I'm not going to try it anytime soon. I think stunt shows at the local raceway are fun to watch, but standups on the freeway or any other populated road are just dumb.

·
Registered
36 Posts
There's something squidly about that video...not sure what. Some of the scenes looked suspicious, like the video was running at faster than normal speed. It reminded me of the chase scenes on Benny Hill...I can see the little bald guy wheelieing while Benny smacks him on the top of his head...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Some of the scenes definitely appeared sped-up from normal speed.

The stoppies in that movie are incredible looking. That guy has some skills. Definitely my favorite stunt to watch other people do. Personally, I'd never attempt stunting. To much risk for injury and damage.

-WhiteMtnCruiser

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
He has talent,yes.Can I do that no. I hate on him because in some of the vidio he is on a public street with cars.There is a time and place for that kind of thing,any time on a private place.Other than that Mabet a little jelosy yes I would like to have those skills,but those tricks just leave me cold.He is setting a bad example.Now lets see him hit a racoon mid corner lock the front wheel get his legs trown to one side of bike give the tank the death hug for dear life and recover.Those are my skillz.Don try this unless you like racoon guts in your radiator. :eek:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts