Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read through many posts on this topic, and its a bit confusing depending on the model. I Have a 2001 sv650s Naked, and I want red leds in the gauge cluster. I believe I need 3 leds for my model? Im just confused on exactly which ones to get. Ive seen some pics where red looks horrible on the tachometer, is there anyway to avoid that? thanks guys in advance!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
You might be getting confused because SV650S is the one with the fairings. Sv650 Naked is the one without fairings, sometimes referred to as sv650n

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm my gauge cluster is like that, but the bike is naked lol has the low handlebars that the S comes with, maybe the previous owner took off the lower fairing? makes for easy oil changes

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ok, so based upon your pic you have a fairly stock sv650s, not naked. The 1st gen S didn't have lower fairings, just what you have there. Sorry I don't think I can help with the led issue.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
33 Posts
Alu foil can definitive help to spread the light better. T5 LEDs and then glue alu foil to the tops.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have red LED's on mine.

I would not recommend it on the stock gauges- it looks cool, but at night, it's completely unreadable. The green numbers do not light up well with the red light behind them- I am about to order the white LED's instead.

·
Registered
28 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts