Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/1016323838.html

1989 honda cr 500 two stroke fast,fast,fast, - $1200 (georgetown)

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2009-02-01, 10:37AM CST

bought this bike about 6 months ago and have spent most of this time trying to heal from all the wounds sprained ankle first week and 2 broke ribs couple of weeks before christmas. long story short.way too much bike for me . price is firm. no free rides.trailer is available for 600.00 firm on that too . Both for 1800.00 firm.

· Registered
408 Posts
Those bikes are BEASTS! "A man has got to know his limitations" - Josey Wales

Good on him for acknowledging that, I don't know if I could ride that monster and not come out unscathed myself.

· Registered
1,721 Posts
Werd. Rode a CR500 ages ago, and it scared the crap outta me. It scared me more than the turbo gsxr1100 the same guy owned and let me ride.

· Registered
1,552 Posts
They are beastly. A buddy, (no longer with us....not bike-related though), had one and he used to bring it out to my place.

Went like he11, but it had a minor carburetor/flooding issue. Whenever we shut it off to swap bikes, it could not be re-started if it was kept upright. It had to be laid almost flat on the ground, (on its left side as I recall), for a few seconds....and then stood back up to start. Not sure how my buddy ever stumbled upon that procedure, but it worked so he refused any offers to fix it.

It was funny to watch those unfamiliar with the drill try to get it started, 'cause when it kicked back....it kicked back.

;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.