Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, old time member here. Been gone for a while, so my userid got deleted. Anywho, looking for the one customer that bought this GP exhaust and get some long term opinion from him about this GP exhaust on eBay. Just wondering maybe he's a member here too.

Search
"2003-2010 Suzuki SV650 SV650S GP USA Exhaust Pipe Muffler Silencer"
on eBay.

Watched to other open pipe exhaust from other videos and this seems to sound deeper. Anyway, just thought I'd get more info before pulling the trigger on this. Thanks y'all!

·
Registered
3,572 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that's the one. I do like the look but I like it as an option. Meaning, I don't want to mess up my stock pipe. I want to be able to go back to my current exhaust whenever I want to. So by the time I get a new pipe, cut it at an angle, and fabricated baffle, I'm probably going to be looking something near that price and probably something uglier because of my horrible fabrication skills. Which is why I'm starting to consider it.

The concerns I have are more towards performance issues and long-term effects if there's any. Which is why I wish I could get some information from whoever had purchased this in the past.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I keep staring at that exhaust, and I swear I've seen a bin of them at one of the local auto parts store in the "ricer" section for around $30 a pop....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, checked Autozone and most exhaust tips are for 2 1/2" and 2 1/4" pipes. Mine is a 2 1/8". Most of the Autozone ones are too long because they're intended for cars. Even the short ones will significantly stick out because they're straight. I can picture that the angle on this one will tuck it in better. The Autozone ones run from $50 - $90. I still would have to fabricate it some more to make it work. This one is plug and play. Anyway, too much thinking for one day. Thanks for responding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts