Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup fellas, stupid question, maybeh

im sure you've seen the way suzuki and yamaha are doing their exhausts on the 1000's, they're making them really short or whatever, could you do that to an aftermarket pipe and get away with it as far as not screwing anything up internally? like cut ur yosh in half, cap it and put the rivets back in... im aware there wouldnt be any performance gain but for looks

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I think this falls into the realm of "if you have to ask..." ;D

You'd nee dot cut and weld the externals and the internals, then re-pack (which is a minor PITA with the Yosh).

N

·
0 Posts
What do the stunters do? Do they just gut out the entire can when they shorten it?

:)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats actually where i noticed it first, buddy of mine did it to his r1

is it bad to not have baffles inside the pipe? it would have to be bad, no?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
after i wadded up my tbr i cut it in half and screwed(no rivet gun, looks ghetto but oh well) it back together... when they made it, they didnt weld it on the inside, its just held together by rivets ataching the end caps to the can part. it still has the baffel thingy and the fiberglass packing.. its just.. half as long and twice as loud.

as long as the bike is tuned for it, you could probably go pretty short on the exhaust, just like a lot of the motogp bikes and like the new r6.

·
Registered
653 Posts
wouldn't having less back pressure and a shorter pipe for the exhaust to escape effect the mixture, i.e. leaner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts