Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to check -- when I put the '03 intake cam in and move the '00 intake to the exhaust, the lobes of the cams no longer point directly away from each other. Is that OK?

·
Registered
8 Posts
AriGabinet said:
Just to check -- when I put the '03 intake cam in and move the '00 intake to the exhaust, the lobes of the cams no longer point directly away from each other.   Is that OK?
The lobes should be in the same position relative to each other as they were before the swap. The markings on the old intake cam do not apply to the exhaust side so you can't used them to line up your cams. You have to make new marks. Check out the thread on the cam swap at the top of the tech page. All the answers should be in there along with some good pictures to provide some guidance. Be very careful that the cams are in the correct position and turn the engine over by hand before starting it to make sure everything is correct. Bent valves aren't fun.

Rich

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
+1, the lobe should be in the *exact* same position.
Check my thread on the subject and look closely at the pics.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I finished the swap, had no problems (I've done cams and valves on I4's before) and the bike is REALLY peppy now, it's a remarkable change. I followed the instructions in the sticky, they were clear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts