Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After browsing this forum I see many curious SV650 riders like myself want to know more about the 1000 from you guys.  I love my 650, its the perfect "city bike" for darting through traffic and accelerating from clueless cagers, but I've taken it to the track a few times and wanted more.  Especially on the straights and sweepers.  Don't get me wrong, the 650 is fun on a track because of its nimbleness and smoothness through the curves, but I want the best of both worlds!

I'm considering selling my 650 and purchasing either a zx6-r or a SV1000s.  I know two completely different types of bikes, but similiar in price and peak horsepower.  I've ridden the Ninja with its inline four  but found it surprisingly smooth in the lower rpms, however I really am addicted to vTwins after my 650.  I just need a good reason to get a 1000. 

Okay to conclude my ramble, Will an SV1000 give me similiar characteristics through the curves as my 650 and keep up with those supersports on the straights?

Thanks   ;D

·
OberKommandant
6,133 Posts
jgrrl said:
Okay to conclude my ramble, Will an SV1000 give me similiar characteristics through the curves as my 650 and keep up with those supersports on the straights?

Thanks   ;D
To some extent, yes. There are things you can do to lighten the 1000, this will make it easier to throw around the twisties. It will never be as flickable as the 650, however, it does make up for that to some degree with it's ability to hang a little better with the I-4s on the straights. Basicaly, it's a give and take. If you're running on a faster track with longer straights and big sweepers, you might benefit more from the 1000, on the other hand if you're on a tighter, more technical track where the bigger bike won't be able to stretch it's legs then the 650 is going to be your better bet.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I think the 1000 is better for the street and the 650 is better for the track. Just my two cents. ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I love my 650 but I have ridden my brothers 1000. Mine is very "nimble" in the twisties but on the straights, I want the 1000!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
in our house we have both 650 and 1000.

I own the 1000, but I have to admit I'm faster on the 650 on twities, like mountain roads and such. way faster.

My 1k has a few upgrades included gsxr front, helped a ton, turn in its pretty fast, but still can't out turn the 650. Since every ounces count !!!

But recently i found a solution - 06 GSXR750 :) sorry, i'm in love

1 - 11 of 11 Posts