Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
That ignition lock hole dropped the soap. That's one of the reasons why I opted for an 05-06 1000 top triple. Although it locks head on, atleast it doesn't need any of that madness.

Did the headshake on braking end up being caused by loose stem lock nuts? Looks like you got quite the box of goodies with the bike.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That ignition lock hole dropped the soap. That's one of the reasons why I opted for an 05-06 1000 top triple. Although it locks head on, atleast it doesn't need any of that madness.

Did the headshake on braking end up being caused by loose stem lock nuts? Looks like you got quite the box of goodies with the bike.
That is the thing... I believe it is an 05-06 GSXR top triple :dizzy: so it DID lock straight ahead.

The head shake will hopefully be sorted out as soon as I borrow some jacks to get the weight off the front.

Please feel free to help identify those other top triples so I can sell them :eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Top - (darker of the two) looks to be an 03 - 04 GSXR 1000 top triple
Bottom - (lighter of the two) looks to be the 06 - 07 GSXR 600/750 top triple (probably came with the forks)

:eek:ccasion14:

For the headshake issue, check if the ignition is rubbing against the frame. With the 05-06 1000 top triple the ignition mounting holes have to be notched for proper clearance-- sometimes, if there isn't enough clearance, a weird wobble effect comes out.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Top - (darker of the two) looks to be an 03 - 04 GSXR 1000 top triple
Bottom - (lighter of the two) looks to be the 06 - 07 GSXR 600/750 top triple (probably came with the forks)

:eek:ccasion14:

For the headshake issue, check if the ignition is rubbing against the frame. With the 05-06 1000 top triple the ignition mounting holes have to be notched for proper clearance-- sometimes, if there isn't enough clearance, a weird wobble effect comes out.
Gracias!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts