Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone who has the Andreani Misano Cartridges - what exactly did you need to machine to "remove the reduction bush"?

The machine shop I'm talking with needs exact specifications before they'll do any work for me.

Per the instructions below, some machining is required:

Are they talking about the small lip at the bottom of the internal fork tube?

Would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can't speak for certain but I'm a machinist and from the picture it appears he is facing the end of the tube to remove the lip and allow the bushing to be removed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't speak for certain but I'm a machinist and from the picture it appears he is facing the end of the tube to remove the lip and allow the bushing to be removed.
Thanks! I took my fork tubes to a machine shop, and the guys there said the same thing. Left them there, should pick them up and finish installing this week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the lip removed, but ran into a problem: both bushings are stuck.

Any tips on how to remove them? Thinking about getting a blowtorch and trying heating them up.

(note: lip gone in pic below).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where did you get them from? If you really run into issues send them to Greg at Spears racing. They’ve probably done a thousand installs - they did mine and they work flawlessly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In terms of heating... add a heat sink to the bushing on the inside (something solid - I can’t think exactly how you’d do it off the top of my head) and then heat the outside metal. You need to get the fork metal really hot while keeping the bushing cool. Should slip out that way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good suggestions, thanks y'all. Ended up buying a 4' x 1" section of PVC pipe and using it to bang out the bushing some.

I discovered that the shop I took it too didn't completely remove the lip - there's the smallest (<1mm) bit remaining, and it's slightly bent up after my pipe banging. Gonna have to take them back to the shop.

Kind of pissed, but mostly at Andreani for not providing better instructions. They should really tell you how much off of the fork to remove from the end (I think it's about 3-4mm).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts