Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a SV1000S with a 3/4 Yoshimura system on it and TEKA remapped. Now the question, will doing the PAIR mod screw up the map? I'm not really a big fan of the burping noises and my 03 650S stopped doing it almost completely after I installed a power commander and had it custom mapped, don't want the expense again though........

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bloodhound said:
Just bought a SV1000S with a 3/4 Yoshimura system on it and TEKA remapped.  Now the question, will doing the PAIR mod screw up the map?  I'm not really a big fan of the burping noises and my 03 650S  stopped doing it almost completely after I installed a power commander and had it custom mapped, don't want the expense again though........
Plug the hose with a ball bearing and be done with it. It has nothing to do with the perfromance and only is an emission reducer!

Cheers

·
Registered
43 Posts
oddthomas said:
That won't affect performance??
NO! All the PAIR valve does is introduce air into the exhaust during decel. The popping you here is the unburnt fuel detonating. It will cause more emissions to enter the air but will not hurt the performance. Chewy22 makes a kit to remove it altogether!

Cheers

·
Registered
118 Posts
2WIN said:
NO!  All the PAIR valve does is introduce air into the exhaust during decel.  The popping you here is the unburnt fuel detonating.  It will cause more emissions to enter the air but will not hurt the performance.  Chewy22 makes a kit to remove it altogether!

Cheers
Thanks 2win yes thats correct removed mine 12000 miles ago and i have only had about 3 backfires since.Used to get that about every 10 miles which was fun at first but as we have a lot of horse riders on the roads around here not much fun for them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
How easy it is to cap off this hose? Does anyone have pics or a link to a how-to? I recently installed a Yosh RS-3 race exhaust on my bike which sounds great, but that popping noise is getting old quick. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here goes,
Lift tank, remove airbox lid, clean filter while yer there, pull straight up on the base of the filter/airbox housing.  There's a hose towards the right side rear, pull that from the base, jam a 3/8 ball bearing in and reinstall in reverse order. Be sure to hook the hose back up as Dealerships kinda hate that.  Takes about 5-10 minutes, most time consuming is getting the seat off.  Any more questions just ask, lotsa spare time here, bike totaled out.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sounds simple enough. Can't say I've ever bought a bearing before, so where could I pick one up? Auto Zone? Home Depot?
Sorry to hear about your bike. You getting it fixed or getting another one?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just about any local hardware store, or look for a bearing supplier in the phone book. As far as the bike, I think it's a goner, we'll see what the insurance company sez, doc wants me off 2 wheels for about 6 weeks though..........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts