Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share a little Halloween humor with you all. My roommates and I dressed up as Amish yesterday for Halloween and rode around the college campus wearing our outfits. I always ride with full protective gear, so it felt a little weird riding around without a helmet, gloves, and jacket. But nonetheless, a lot of people got a kick out of us. Also, this is probably the 3rd or 4th wheelie I've ever done, so don't go ape-$hit on me for riding like a squid por favor, this was a one-time thing. To all of the Amish reading this online (oxymoron?), this is by no means meant to insult or disrespect you. Enjoy!

·
Administrator
11,042 Posts

·
Hall Monitor
2,762 Posts
Oh the Amish. This brings back some memories. About 20 years ago the wife and I flew back to Pittsburgh to visit family, then took the train to Philly to visit friends. We were tracking the train's progress on a map. I told my wife we were entering Amish country.

A moment later the train passed under an overpass, and on the other side the view opened up to a large, freshly-mown field. Maybe 15 yards into the field there was a hay wagon with an Amish farmer standing at the back of it, taking a leak. "Welcome to the Amish country", I told her.

We borrowed a CB350 from our friends in Philly and rode out to the Amish country one day. I was standing next to the bike waiting for my wife to come out of a store, when this Amish kid, maybe 7 or 8 years old, comes shyly walking up. "What is it like to ride the machine?" he asks. I tell him "It's like riding the fastest horse in the world, and it never gets tired". His eyes got huge with the thought. And right about then his mom came up, grabbed his hand, and dragged him off. Apparently not amused at my placing tempting thoughts into her kid's head.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You need a triangle reflector on that mate!
Haha that would have been great. I have one sitting in my garage actually! Maybe next year. It was a lot of fun though, when we were walking around there were at least a dozen people that thought we were actually Amish. The one roommate for some reason looks really Amish, probably the scruffy beard.

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts