Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my tires changed out for the first time in my bikes life (bought it last year with the stock tires from 2001), and the guy I changed them with commented on my tires "dude, you know that they're supposed to be silver, right?"

I neglected cleaning them because I always figured that getting all that grime off of the wheels would take hours and would more than likely be back in a couple of months. But then he got out some WD-40 and sprayed in onto a paper towel; he had this result in about 4 seconds.

My turn.

Then I got all excited about my bike actually looking good, so I threw this together in anticipation of my trackday coming up later this month. I used a shoebox, a banged up SVN headlight I bought here awhile back, and a bit of paint.

Oh, and for the record... Chocolate milk > bacon. :nana:

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
The spray I use to lube/clean my chain is pretty good at cleaning rims too. I was cleaning my chain, spraying it and a little fell on the rim...so I wiped it off and that thing was clean lol...so I cleaned them with that.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
until the racer who is actually registered for that number sees you and b!tch slaps yo ass. :D

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
until the racer who is actually registered for that number sees you and b!tch slaps yo ass. :D
That, or we have an epic race/duel out on the track! Winner gets to keep the number... AND THE PINK SLIP TO THE BIKE! :eek:

So we know what happened if I come back from my trackday without my bike.

·
Registered
406 Posts
"let us celebrate this momentous day with the addition of chocolate to milk."

mmmm chocolate milk.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Oooh, a chocolate milk haver...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
GEEEBUS! What amazes me is you let your bike get that frikin' dirty! :lmao:

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
you're going to cause Nex to have an aneurysm with those pictures you know... now that they're degrimed, after your next wash, a little bit of pledge on the rims will make future cleanings that much easier.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
WD40 is awesome. Use it all the time to clean the chain, wheels etc.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
You can get the same cleaning results with kerosene.

Put some in a can, use a paintbrush to apply it, let it soak a minute and wipe off.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I use castrol superclean on my rims and the bottom of my engine, wet it with water, squirt on the super clean and let it sit, rinse it off before it gets a chance to dry. That stuff can be kinda dangerous on some kinds of paint though, and it will take the skin off your hands if you get it on you and let it stay there.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Seeing rims like that makes me cry out in pain!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts