Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Race results also in article here:
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35927

I know Racers who really dislike Colin Fraser from the Canadian Superbike series for decisions like this, he's really into "Clean Racing".

AMA Pro Issues Penalties

AMA Pro Road Racing rider Jamie Hacking has been suspended indefinitely following this weekend's event at Auto Club Speedway for conduct detrimental to the sport of professional motorcycle racing. The culminating incident occurred in the Auto Club Speedway media center following post-race interviews on Sunday where Hacking used a string of profane language while exiting the press interview area. Prior to this incident, Hacking displayed additional acts of inappropriate behavior in both public and media interviews.

"No premier sporting organization would tolerate, whether it be motorsports or major league stick and ball sports, the level of disrespectful, profane and vulgar language in a public forum as demonstrated by Jamie Hacking this weekend at Auto Club Speedway," said AMA Pro Road Racing Managing Event Director Colin Fraser. "His behavior was totally disrespectful to the media, his competitors and the sport of motorcycle racing in general."

Hacking will be considered for reinstatement pending payment of a $4,000 fine and delivery of a public apology to AMA Pro Road Racing officials. Subsequent to payment of the fine and receipt of an apology acceptable to AMA Pro Road Racing, Hacking will also be suspended for one full event weekend.

All fines paid to AMA Pro Road Racing will be donated to Camp Boggy Creek, a Paul Newman Hole in the Wall Camp located in Eustis, Florida, and the Roadracing World Action Fund.

Additionally, AMA Pro Road Racing also placed riders Michael Beck, Kevin Boisvert, Mat Mladin, Mark Simon and Dustin O'Hara on probation due to failure to participate in Sunday's mandatory autograph session.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i wouldnt be suprised if hes ****** at all the ******** rules have ****** him off. I think Jamie hacking is good enough to be racing WSBK alongside spies

·
Registered
513 Posts
And 5 other riders were put on probation for not signing autographs!?!

·
Registered
237 Posts
This series has turn into the biggest joke in motorcycle racing ever. How are you going to have an 1125cc Buell against 600cc Motorcycles there’s no comparison in power no matter how many restrictions you put on it. It’s sad to see that’s the only way that piece of C$%# Buell can win why don’t they go at least to the superbike races. There was no way hacking or anybody else was going to pass that cheater bike.
And with hacking I saw the interview I don’t see what’s the big deal Disalvo was the one that started the argument. He’s just a big baby because hacking is handing his ass to him. And on top of all this we don’t get to see the races until a week after. Oh well at least we got WSB and GP to look forward to.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I know Kevin Boisvert and he said he had NO idea he was suppose to be available for an autograph session. He says it is really tough to keep up with all the rule changes this year, especially when they seem to change every weekend!

·
Registered
438 Posts
This series has turn into the biggest joke in motorcycle racing ever. How are you going to have an 1125cc Buell against 600cc Motorcycles there’s no comparison in power no matter how many restrictions you put on it. It’s sad to see that’s the only way that piece of C$%# Buell can win why don’t they go at least to the superbike races. There was no way hacking or anybody else was going to pass that cheater bike.
And with hacking I saw the interview I don’t see what’s the big deal Disalvo was the one that started the argument. He’s just a big baby because hacking is handing his ass to him. And on top of all this we don’t get to see the races until a week after. Oh well at least we got WSB and GP to look forward to.
Check the HP limits and the Weight limits. Then come back and see how much of an advantage it has.

Also they are in the superbike along with sportbike series.

Back on track: I see no problem with suspending him. He is in the public eye and needs to act accordingly. Even in the pits a team can be fined for poor language.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
And even if there's a horspower limit, the Buell would still have a huge torque advantage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I take it back, they now run the same minimum weight as the 600's (365 lbs). Crazy. Can they get that light?

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
shouldn't you pitching a fit about 1200cc ducatis too?
No. A 1200cc twin against a 1000cc actually gives the advantage to the four.
The basic rule of thumb is that if the fundamentals of the design are similar (air or water cooling, number of valves, bore/stroke ratio, piston speed, BMEP...etc.) then a twin needs to be about 1/3 bigger than the four to make equal power. The old WSB formula of 750cc fours vs. 1000 twins was very fair. 600cc fours against 800cc twins would be fair. 600cc fours against 1125cc twins is ridiculous. The Buell may not be dominant yet, but it's at the very beginning of it's development.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I take it back, they now run the same minimum weight as the 600's (365 lbs). Crazy. Can they get that light?
I would really be surprised if they could. We can not get much weight out of ours.

the HP rules are set up as a lb/hp.

Power is limited to one (1) horsepower for every three (3) pounds of machine weight, up to a maximum of 140 horsepower. Fuel may be added to allow for the dynamometer testing after the official weight has been recorded.

so at 360lbs you can only have 120hp at the wheel.

*edit*
This is for the American superbike. I will look at my rule book at home to ge the sportbike specs.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I hope that they realize in time the damage they are doing to the series. To me it was fine the way it was on the old AMA with four classes, (Superbikes, supersport, superstock, and formula Extreme). In my opinion the only class that they had to eliminate to save some money was formula extreme. Before they said that the series was to confusing because they couldn’t tell classes apart. I wonder what it is now with all this weird classes that nobody knows, thanks DMG. Oh and the goal of all this was to stop Yoshimura Suzuki and Matt Mladin from dominating the series well last time I check they won the first two races already “mission accomplish”.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was onboard despite all the goofy rules until I heard they back out of the Miller WSBK/AMA round....NASCRAP has truly taken what was good out of AMA.

·
Registered
467 Posts
a) i think mladin's ego has been deflated a bit by ben spies. that kid kicked his ass.
b) do y'all remember the rossi - biaggi fist fight? i dont think a bit of vulgarity is the worst thing for the sport...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts