904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://amaproracing.com/assets/AMAPro-CompBull-2009-08.pdf

Competitor Bulletin #2009-08
To: All AMA Pro Road Racing Competitors
Date: April 13, 2009
Effective Date: April 13, 2009
Subject: Special Allowances Buell 1125
Effective immediately: Competition Bulletin #2009-04 has been updated. Special allowances for the Buell 1125 have been changed. The minimum allowed weight has been changed to 380 lbs from 365 lbs.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'd bet not, since there are some reliable sources that say those bikes were never down to 365 to begin with.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hacking vindicated, but almost out of the championship.

If only he'd have handled it a bit differently.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Interesting...Interesting. They need to tweak something cause that Buell just doesn't seem fair. However maybe Danny boy is the next Mladin. ;)

I bet not though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can't even bring myself to watch AMA any longer. It's too much of a joke. I'll stick with WSBK and MotoGP.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I can't even bring myself to watch AMA any longer. It's too much of a joke. I'll stick with WSBK and MotoGP.
Have you watched any this year? The racing has been really really good. At atlanta (or was it fontucky?) there were 6 different manufactures in the top 6. Qualifying had the 19th place guy less than a second behind 3rd place. Thats WSB material. Mat is running off the front, but even the superbike races have been dead nuts close all the way to the flag for 2-6. What more do you want?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Have you watched any this year? The racing has been really really good. At atlanta (or was it fontucky?) there were 6 different manufactures in the top 6. Qualifying had the 19th place guy less than a second behind 3rd place. Thats WSB material. Mat is running off the front, but even the superbike races have been dead nuts close all the way to the flag for 2-6. What more do you want?
those were the practically the same situations as last year only it was 3-7th would be dead nuts close.
1-6 would be close in superstock
and the supersport race was always close at times closer than DSB is now.

i havent seen anything this year since i dont have cable but from what i hear the current racing is good so i guess things should just keep going as is.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Superbike I've seen nothing new Team Yosh still out front with noone even contending. *Yawn* I actually fell asleep watching the last race(I never have that happen). Supersport is a joke with Buell, Aprillia(not really helping them) running with the middle weights. Seems to me that the series is a little bias towards Buell; which is total BS.

The supersport/DSB class has always been a close class with tight racing. I may catch a few races but I won't make it a point to make sure I have it DVR'd. I'm just sick of AMA/DMG; just my humble $.02.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Superbike I've seen nothing new Team Yosh still out front with noone even contending. *Yawn* I actually fell asleep watching the last race(I never have that happen). Supersport is a joke with Buell, Aprillia(not really helping them) running with the middle weights. Seems to me that the series is a little bias towards Buell; which is total BS.

The supersport/DSB class has always been a close class with tight racing. I may catch a few races but I won't make it a point to make sure I have it DVR'd. I'm just sick of AMA/DMG; just my humble $.02.
This year someone besides Mat has led nearly the same number of laps as him in 3 races, he has won a race by as little as 1 second, and there have been races with as many as 4 leaders. Id say thats not too bad for the first year of a new series. The buells have won 50% of the races this year, they hit the rider/bike combo everyone dreams about, a lot like Casey and the Ducati. No one else can go fast on the thing but both of them are flying on their respective bikes. But hey, were all entitled to our opinions.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Completely agree. I have been saying this for awhile...WSBK even kicks ass over MotoGP too.

Danny Eslick is such a great kid and great racer. Just wish he wasn't winning on a Buell. Met him last year and he has the personality that would take him any where. Not like Spies. Met Mladin too and he isn't too bad. Not like Spies...ouch did I say that twice about Spies??? Spies is a great racer but has no good personality.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts