1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I pick bacon.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Their being annoying and you being an a-hole aren't mutually exclusive, both can be true at the same time.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
667 Posts
same here, sent a nice Long e-mail to all my congressmen basically telling them to make people live with their decisions, and I didn't want my tax money going towards it. I kept track of my finances, and didn't buy a huge brand new house, where's my reward?

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Maybe they are renters and they are trying to buy their first home, while the prices are artificially kept high because everyone is waiting for a bailout?

Basically, life isn't fair, and FAIR is the only 4-Letter "F" word that's truly an obscenity in life.

Work hard, (2 more more jobs), cash out some vacation that you never take. Have the wife work too, and then hit AMT (alternative minimum tax), and see 41% of your combined income go to taxes, then tell me how fair life is.

tk

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Have the wife work too, and then hit AMT (alternative minimum tax), and see 41% of your combined income go to taxes, then tell me how fair life is.

tk

Well that's because you weren't paying your fair share! How dare you try and save to buy a house without help from the government....shame on you! :D
There's some women someplace with 6 kids from 6 different guys that is pi$$ed at you right now because she didn't get all of your money! ;D

·
Registered
920 Posts
There's some women someplace with 6 kids from 6 different guys....
Funny thing is we seldom wonder about, (or look down upon), those 6 guys that aren't taking care of their responsibilities.

Or did their wee-wees just trip and fall somewhere they didn't intend to?

:p

;D

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
agreed zach!

It aint just the economy crap on the news.
Altho I agree it does irritate me that those whom are wealthy are complaining.
My mother got laid off (she lives with me), she is barely getting by on unemployment and it killed her to even have to take the handout of it. My family is very proud and its hard to do such things after we have come so far. It killed her to have to live with me. Lucky for me we get along great and she isnt a busybody.

What irritates me is that yeah, most of the news IS bad. Granted it gets more viewers...but instead of making a bad into a positive (IE: how can you get away with having just a temp tag on your car? it was a story on my local news), all you hear is just the bad...No wonder America is so pessimistic!

/minirant

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like watching the news. I like being informed. (begin argument about how the news doesn't inform). It's my choice whether to believe the story or not. Most stories don't annoy me.

However, the point of this thread is not to start an argument over whether or not the news puts a spin on stories just to get ratings. My beef is with these people who knowingly overstretched their financial boundaries, assuming that a late payment here or there, having two more kids, buying one more car, or getting a loan for that $500,000 house, when the $200,000 house they were in was perfectly fine. All of these things are CHOICES which THEY MADE VOLUNTARILY.

It's their own f-cking fault, and it's pushed in my face by the media like I'm supposed to feel sorry for them.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I get what you're sayin ASCS.

I dont get how anyone could dig themselves so deep w/o something to fall back on. For these people to spend so much on wants rather than needs appauls me. I live well below my means & my debts are that which if I lost my job I could still get by if I had a minimum wage job. I dont waste my money & I dont get anything I cant afford in the short or longterm. Its been years since Ive had a late bill.
With all the money these people have, you'd think they would have had the common sense to afford a financial consultant to help them budget their money and save for hard times or college funds for their kids.

Nope...their lives are shattered if they cant get their weekly pedicure @ the most expensive spa in town, or if they cant afford to have a pool boy anymore, or if they have to fire a maid...
God fobid these people get off their ass and do things for themselves and accept responsibility for their choices & actions resulting from those choices...

but the lack of responsibility in America is a whole nother topic lol

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
It's their own f-cking fault, and it's pushed in my face by the media like I'm supposed to feel sorry for them.
Not completely.

Some people did in fact over buy.

But others got screwed when banks were crumbling and ARMs were changing so much that some people's payments were QUADRUPLING!

Not to mention the downturn of the economy that caused numerous people to lose high paying jobs. Our economy depends on spending. And those that make the most money tend to spend a lot of it. If the people that buy $500,000 spent money like the lived in one a quarter of that, our economy would be in even worse shape.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
But others got screwed when banks were crumbling and ARMs were changing so much that some people's payments were QUADRUPLING!
Sounds like they overspent as well. The terms of the ARM may have changed, but they knew that was possible going into the deal. If they didn't want take that risk they could have paid a slightly higher rate and signed up for a fixed note.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
very true. but not even the banks saw that kinda hike coming. If they did they would have seen the number of foreclosures coming.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts