Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for noob questions. I've tried searching, have found some help, but not specific enough...

I got my sv650 a couple months ago. Previous owner added a BMC air filter and Delkevic trioval slip on exhaust. Otherwise stock airbox and bike (as far as I know). I haven't had the carbs apart yet to check jetting but he never said anything about it--so I'm assuming stock setup. Would these mods be enough to warrant a jet change? Would this be making the bike run lean, and if so how would I tell?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

SVrider :rock:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On one of my searches related to jetting on the carb I came across some pictures of a bike that looked awfully familiar, and a garage that I may have seen a couple months ago (that day I bought my bike). Turns out the guy who owned it before me was a member here too! So after reading all of his posts I found that he left stock jetting and only did 2.5 turns for the a/f screw. Now comes the long painstaking search of finding someone with close to the same setup in the recommended jetting thread... for the second time...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
You could just go back to a stock air filter. Easier than re-jetting.
Or..
I used to run a K& N filter on my '00, and ended up with 17.5 pilots with 2.5 turns, 3 of the Radio Shack small washer shims, and 142.5 mains. That was with a Delkevic full length slip on. It probably would be slightly different than a BMC but would get you in the ballpark I think.
Stock is 15 pilots, no shims, and 137.5 mains.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANK YOU!!! I've been looking for what the stock set up was and couldn't find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts