Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

Havent messaged in a while but need to now. A few months ago I was rear ended(in my car). My neck got messed up some. Since then I've done alot of physical therapy and its helped but it still bothers my neck to ride the SVS for anything longer than 30 minutes. In fact my 2005 SVS has 600 miles on it!!! Pitiful I know.

Here's my question.

I'm thinking about selling it and buying a new Ninja 650R. The upright ergo's in addition to the trick nature of the bike turns me on. Yeah I suppose I could add some Heli Bars or convertibars to my SV and improve things but I'm really beginning to lust for the Ninja. Am I nuts?

Craig
'05 SV650S

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Yes, you're nuts.

I'm sorry...what was the question?

Seriously though, do whatever floats your boat. However, it mostly sounds like Greener Grass Syndrome. A more upright position may help you but, more than likely, if you're have an increase in your discomfort while riding, it's from the wind. Can't do much about that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Frayed,

Yes I did have an SV1000S. Long story but I wished I never sold it so I bought the SV650S now my necks messin' with me. I might keep an eye out for a used set of Heli's or converi's and try them out and see if the wind will mess with me. Thanks for the comments guys!

Craig
'05 SV650S

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sounds like you need a nekkid SV1000, not one if these:

j/k get whatever you feel like. Lately I've been thinking about the Ural Gear-up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: Am I nuts? YES

I say finish fixing neck. If I knew how I would own every bike in the world, though.

Kawi is cool, I admit, I want one just looking at a picture. Then again, I want another 1983 yamaha vision. And I drive a 1994 sentra by choice.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Why dont you just order an SVN upper triple, get some tubular daytona bars from Bikemaster, and extend your cables?

Ill trade you the rearsets off my SV-N if that will help? ;D

·
Registered
267 Posts
all the mags are comparing the kawi to the sv, power is similar with the sv getting the nod, other than that I think the farring doesnt look that great, the suspension is still the same budget crap, there will be nowhere near the aftermarket for the kawi as there is for the SV right now.

My opinion keep the sv and raise the bars, get a better seat, maybe get adjustable rearsets or convert to the nekkid models rearsets(I am sure there are tons of people on here that would trade you in an instant.)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Try some other bikes... Riding position can be weird with injuries- I'd assumed I'd have issues with the SV and my crocked hip, bit it's fine. I'd originally thought that the loss of movement would send me to the shops for a KTM Duke II, (or a streetfightered GSXR 7/11 8)) But then it turned out I'm less comfortable on an upright bike than a sporty one. (I wantedthe KTM :( But now I have no excuse) There ought to be one that's right for you.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The 650R is down on power compared to the SV and less fun to ride. And parallel twins are about as exciting as white bread IMO. Why bother? Get some motocross bars and risers, and save your money and trouble.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts