Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just registered on here today.

Been looking at getting another bike again. I had an F4i for a few years. Been out of riding for almost a year and now getting back into it. I've looked at all the 600's and all are about the same. Just seeing what the best deal is. I've thinned it down to the Suzuki bikes. Now between the 600 and the SV.

I've never ridden a twin before. I like the looks of the SV, would get the fairing options. How much of a difference is there really between the twin and I4.

Any good aftermarket sites for it? The dealer started it up for me and loved the low grumble...different exhaust would sound awesome.

Just looking to see how everyone likes them, what mods they have done, etc.

Most of my riding will be commuting with the weekend jaunts and occasional Track Day.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
Welcome :D The serch will be long and hard,to find someone that doesn't love there SV650 :lol: Aftermarket? too many choises..SV's are about having your power now ,not later at 12 zillion rpm.Read all the SV road test, the word that keeps comming in all ,is FUN. :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I haven't heard anything bad about them. Add on the fairings, do some aftermarket add-ons and you're set.

Best thing is full coverage insurance was only 400 a year for me.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome to here. The bike is real sweet. As far as aftermarket parts, there's...... a LOT. Oneida Suzuki is a big one here-- also, the prices are good.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I love my SV. As for the I4's they are fun too, but you need to keep the RPMs too high for me. The SV is quick, easy to turn, comfortable, looks great, has fuel injection, LED tail lights, and yeah it is super cheap!! Excellent value for the money. did I mention it was fun? IT is so much fun to ride.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Welcome to the site. I have to say go with the SV. This V-twin engine is great.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
ey rascus, welcome to the light ;) they won't let you be a mod here though, nobody under 30 thousand posts is even considered. :p

wait, weren't you buying an SV1000 not too long ago? what happenned to that?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Get the SV! I own a 05 sv650s and a 01 Aprilia Mille. I honestly have more fun on the SV than the Mille. The way I ride (your style) It fits me better. I enjoy going through gears in the city. With the Mille I never leave second unless I want a ticket. I really don't see me doing any track days so I have considered selling the Mille already. Also, because I can make more than what I paid for it, and there is a line waiting for it. ;D

I love both bikes (V-twin) but I gotta tell ya, My SV garners more stares and more compliments and I'm not even done modding it. I have no opinion for I4's though my friend owns a Hayabusa and when I started the Mille up for him he smiled and said "No matter what I do to my bike, it will never sound that good." The dual exhaust renegades sound great. Might move that way for the SV.

Sorry if my post was unreadable I'm drinking. ;D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ahoy hoy.
I would go SV all the way. I love the low end torque of the SV much better than the 'spin up' of inline 4's. It gets me off the line and gives the 'guts in my butt' feeling.
Yes, plunty of aftermarket. I would recommend:
a new seat from the stock, slip on exhaust, and exchange/change the front suspension.

Enjoy ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts