Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday I was on my way home from work on a busy two lane road. I had a Harley behind me for a stretch of about 15 miles in slow traffic. The speed limit is posted at 45, but most people do 55. He hung back more than safe distance the entire time. That is, until I stopped to make a left turn onto a side road. This is not an intersection, more like a cut-off road off of the main road. Anyway, it is on a bend, but you can see traffic coming if you are the first car turning left. If you are further back from the road entrance you can't see the other lane of traffic due to the curve of the bend. Unless you are really adventurous (or stupid) there is no good way of passing stopped cars on the right, as there is a shoulder of gravel and a guardrail close by.
I put my turn signal on with plenty of warning. The car in front of me was turning left also, but was stopped because of oncoming traffic. I'm slowing to a stop and watching my review mirror. I see this Harley rider (jeans, t-shirt, no helmet) riding while looking back over his left shoulder. Now, either he's totally blind and didn't see my turn signal come on (before braking) or he wasn't planning on me stopping before making my turn. I clearly see that he's going to hit me. I lurch forward, almost rear-ending the car in front of me just so I can give this guy another foot to react. I almost wanted to scream out loud for him to turn the f**k back around! At the last possible second he does just that. I've never seen an "Oh SHIT!" face quite like that before!  ;D He somehow managed to squeak by without hitting me, but got in the gravel on the berm. His legs kinda flailed out and the bike shook, but he kept it up and got it back onto pavement. You'd think he'd have learned his lesson, but the a**hole turns and looks back at me over his shoulder... while he was going around the bend!
About two miles later a girl almost rear-ended me as I was stopping for a red light. I got home and tested my brake lights and turn signals just to see if they were working properly. They checked out fine. The brake lights on a Chevy Blazer are pretty easy to spot. People just SUCK at driving!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
That'd be one expensive tailgate decoration. :D

Too bad so many folks suffer from NPA (Not Paying Attention) Syndrome...

Y

·
0 Posts
I almost had a Bimmer this morning.... this fucking old squid needs to be more careful in traffic.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
LordKyl said:
Amen to that. I almost got a nice close look at the finish on a cadillac this morning. WTF is grandpa doing during rush hour anyway?
headin to the early bird special at the diner - it just takes him a while to get there

serisously, nothing that gets posted here about bad drivers surprised me. come ride in jersey - if you survive, you'll be able to ride anywhere!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rosier said:
Come on, you know it was your fault. You were in the SUV. ;)
Yeah, unfortunately I'm one of those guys. But I accept full responsibility for my choices and actions, however wrong I may be. Without a doubt, I know my place in Hell is assured!
It was an absolutely beautiful day Saturday and I could/should have been on the bike. But it's almost an entirely straight (boring) commute and I'd rather save my tires and general wear-and-tear on the bike for more fun outings.  :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts