Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well needless to say, my throttle was sticking at the last event. The school on saturday it was fine. Went through tech sunday and it was sticking a bit. Well got it loosened a bit more and tech just said its fine for now, fix it so it snaps back before the next race.

Since it had the stock throttle tube, I did the R6 mod. Put the new one on and it spun freely like it should. Put it on the bar and the dang thing would stick open. Well got tired so I just left it for tonight when I got back from working the BHF WERA races. Took the cables off, lubed the SNOT out of them. Cables moved freely by hand. Put it back together and danngit, sticking. Had an epiphiny, took the assembly off the bar and screwed it back together. Held it out about where the stock bar would be (I have clipons on a 1st gen N with N throttle cables) and it snapped back right quick and in a hurry. Moved it to towards the clipon and it bound up agsain.

Well got a bit miffed and was thinking about Mythbuster-ing it. :lmao:

Came in and googled it to see if anyone else had the issue. Well lo and behold a couple posts popped up from here. One member (Bad moon) said they put both nuts from the carb end of the cable under the bracket. Well went out and did that and voila, it works ON THE BAR just like it should. Thanks to Bad Moon who posted it.

Now got one more project. Replace the .80kg springs with .95kg. I "slightly" out weight the previous owner by about 70lbs.:lmao:. Got alot of brake chatter going into T1 at BHF and front diving way too much. Gonna crank the emulator up to 4 from 2. Rear shock, ironically, felt fine.

Now who ever in Suzuki that decided to mount the rad overflow bottle like the way they did needs to be smacked upside the head. Would had made getting the cables back on teh pulley ALOT easier.:evil6:

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Yep, I can say for sure that changing the overflow bottle makes things WAY easier as far as throttle cables go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts