Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding for awhile at night I decided to pull off into a state park parking lot. It was open (gate up) but no lights on anywhere. A dirt lot but I just wanted to get off for a few minutes. I came to a spot and stopped,turned the bike off, put the stand down, got off and the bike started falling to the left. It was dark and the stand was above a depression in the lot I couldn't see. It fell down into it. Almost dropped the bike in the dark. Glad I caught it, almost twisted my shift ankle in the process. That would have sucked...

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Almost doesn't count :)

·
Registered
3,738 Posts

Do you have frame sliders? This would be a complete non-issue even if you had dropped it but had frame sliders.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do have frame sliders but I could have still lost a mirror or clutch handle.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Administrator
11,020 Posts

·
Administrator
11,020 Posts
;D

·
Registered
688 Posts
After riding for awhile at night I decided to pull off into a state park parking lot. It was open (gate up) but no lights on anywhere. A dirt lot but I just wanted to get off for a few minutes. I came to a spot and stopped,turned the bike off, put the stand down, got off and the bike started falling to the left. It was dark and the stand was above a depression in the lot I couldn't see. It fell down into it. Almost dropped the bike in the dark. Glad I caught it, almost twisted my shift ankle in the process. That would have sucked...

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app
One thing to watch out for when this happens is your shoulders- I slipped in gravel while doing a uturn once and as the bike went over I used all my force in my right arm/shoulder (bike was falling left) to hold it up.

And in the process I tore something in my shoulder... hurt for a week after...

Sure there are a million other things you could tear trying to catch a 400lb motorcycle haha but just one of those typical motorcycle owner *things*

Good work not sleeping it :) +!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts