Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

Don't forget to call your State Senators to push SB 506 through today! Tell your customers and vendors too!

FYI if you don't already know, this bill will allow motorcyclists to ride between lanes during heavy and slow traffic. We have to wear helmets. Traffic can't be moving faster than 20 mph, and we can't travel 5 mph faster than they are. Cost to the public : $0!!

Thanks!!!

"I treat all drivers like I do women...I don't trust any of them."

·
Registered
381 Posts
Or in the case of Texas Democrats, you'd have to call Oklahoma when there's a vote on something they dont support and cant beat.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Or in the case of Texas Democrats, you'd have to call Oklahoma when there's a vote on something they dont support and cant beat.
haha..... :thefinger:

Even if it is legal to lane split, I don't think I'll be doing it an any regular basis. Some angry cowboy in a jacked up pickup will kill some biker for doing it, its just a matter of how long after the law passes before it happens.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:thefinger:

Some angry cowboy in a jacked up pickup will kill some biker for doing it.
That's an okie for ya. lol :thefinger:

Kidding...

But since the law is for traffic that is moving slower than 20 mph (ie. rush hour stop and go traffic), I think it'll be pretty hard to kill somebody that's paying attention. Plus...if some a-hole does knock you off your bike, pull your cell phone out, call the cops for assault, and read off the license since the d-bag is still right there because you're in the middle of TRAFFIC...or pull him out of the truck and tell him "thank you" in your own special way.

And if he does try to drive off, that's a hit and run. Much worse fate in store for that hillbilly.

Oh...and just google your state senator's name. His/her website will pop up and all of their contact info is there. This is great info for really tough situations where your need a person in power to flex their political muscles.

I once got pulled over for looking at a cop, he found something to write up a ticket and sited me. I called the City investigator who called three of his city council member friends who then called the mayor who then called the Chief of police who called that officer's supervisor who then begged me to drop my complaint. I said no. Each person in that chain called me. The chief of police talked to me for an hour. I didn't even have to go to the court to have the ticket dismissed...he took care of it himself. ;D It helped that it was an election year too. lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was driving up 35 in Austin and it was heavy traffic as usual. Imagine my surprise when I saw a dude in a kawasaki of some sort slip thru the lanes. I was like, wtf, did they already pass the lane-split bill?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts