Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever install an alarm system on there SV? i picked up one by audiovox the other day at Princess Auto for 50 bucks,just wondering if anyones ever installed one,

Serge

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but mine was closer to $300... :?

It came with the proper connectors to splice into the turn signal wiring, and I got a custom wiring harness to power the unit. Made installation a breeze.

If it actually works properly, $50 is a small price to pay to keep people off of your bike...

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buddy of mine has scorpio SR-i500SE, took about 30min installing it on his R6. Works great and has saved his bike 2 times now from being jacked. I orderd one my self from ronayers.com, they're the cheapest on the system at $299 and $18 for the factory harness kit. If you buy it from there the SV1000 harness is the one you need, it's the same as ours.

·
Registered
485 Posts
sorry but i just don't see the point
when was the last time your head even turned to the sound of a alarm going off?

·
Registered
434 Posts
$300+time to install=Bike alarm
$200comp ins+37cent stamp=more time and money to ride

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Froggin sV said:
$300+time to install=Bike alarm
$200comp ins+37cent stamp=more time and money to ride
exactly! not to mention if the actual "thieves" were smart enough they could go to any of the multiple self defense web sites by a 40k volt stun gun for a whole $50 (maybe) and give your frame or block a shock or both and your little alarm is done. Unless its fused, but its still disabled never the less and hopefully you had insurance. :-\

Car alarms I can see allthough the same method can be used but at least you cant have maybe 3 guys just pick it up and slide it into a trailer in a whole 30sec tops if maybe they trip once. ;D

·
Registered
485 Posts
What you will see in most bikes starting this year are coded keys.
Like most cars have , that shut down the fuel system.
That in my mind is a better deterent then any alarm or even chains.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts