Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im confused. i was running my bike with K&N filter, two brothers slip on, 142.5 mikuni mains, 17.5 pilots, about 2.5 a/f mix, 4th clip position. it ran great. i got a good deal on a full acropovic exhaust, put it on and now my bike runs awful. the idel is fine and up to about 3000 rpm is good but when i try to open it up, there is absolutly no power. it bogges out really bad and i couldnt get over 90mph. the paper that came with the exhaust said that its ment to work with stock carb settings but WTF, its a full system thats built way better than stock. i put the stock air filter on and it ran a bit better so im thinking im just running way lean. any suggestions.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Yup, logically you're likely to be running lean- I had the same thing happen (but more so) when I fitted my BMC Race RS filter without rejetting from the Renegade one, it idled fine but above 5000 it was unrieable. FWIW I'm running DJ170s now with a Race RS, WRP system and tank spacers- though the Race RS is a free-er flowing item than the K&N.

·
Registered
80 Posts
+1 on the lean

You need more fuel.... ;D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah if figured. does any one have any bigger jets so i dont have to go to the bike shop again...im thinking ill try 147.5 or 150. also the front exhaust header seems to have a small leak. it just doesnt want to seal. what can i use to fix this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
What mains are you guys using with complete exhaust systems?
I have a Micron Zeta Full Race system, and im running 137.5 mains now, tried 142.5 without fiddling with any other settings.
My bike was earlier re-jetted and tuned for a Arrow (crap btw.) do-it-yourself slip-on by the previous owner.
Oh and i also have an BMC Street filter + Factory kit. What mains should I use, 145 are the biggest ones the sets got.
Prolly ill just take it for rejetting again and let the tuner worry about jets etc, asked him and he said that I wouldnt necessary need bigger jets  ???
And FunkRegulator, my system had also paper that said that the carb settings dont necessarily have to be tuned, I was also like WTF :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts