Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i wwanted to see if anyone used ot knew about the Akrapovic exhaust for the SV i have heard Akrapovic is the quality,,, but i didnt know they did a sv system,,, is this a good or bad system?

~wayne

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Trick, superior build quality and expensive.

Last I checked, the only option was a low mount CF single. Not sure if the hefty price tag is justifiable since the performance advantage over Renegades, M4 or Micron seems to be nil. Although you'll be pretty unique with an Akrapovic exhaust.

I've only heard of one other SV owner on the list/forum with an Akrapovic.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they are top-notch systems- the only reason you dont see many of them is the cost. my friend Kenny's dad is the owner of Cycle Centor of Denton- he has an SV(thats why they offer a discount) with an akro Ti system. excellent system- power, build quality, etc. if you can get a deal on one from somewhere- I would reccomend this system.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen and heard the akropovic, it is nice and clean looking...very simple satin titanium with an ultra trick carbon mount...but Micron comes in80 million colors...and is louder....all in all...i went with the color i wanted, and saved money with the micron....besides..akropovic doesn't offer a high mount....Just my opinion..

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey everyone i wwanted to see if anyone used ot knew about the Akrapovic exhaust for the SV

IIRC Sarge mentioned having an Akrapovic on his SV in another thread. You might try checking with him.

·
Registered
14 Posts
jwidsvs said:
they are top-notch systems- the only reason you dont see many of them is the cost.  my friend Kenny's dad is the owner of Cycle Centor of Denton- he has an SV(thats why they offer a discount) with an akro Ti system. excellent system- power, build quality, etc.  if you can get a deal on  one from somewhere- I would reccomend this system.
What would be considered a deal for an akra system?

·
Registered
84 Posts
dr_wookiee said:
Cheapest I was able to find was $600 shipped for a full system. The build quality looks nice, but they don't make a high mount for the 99-02 bikes, and their standard mount sticks out too much. My can and pipes were done after a little lowside. I would prefer almost any other brand for the SV.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ubermensch said:
Cheapest I was able to find was $600 shipped for a full system.  The build quality looks nice, but they don't make a high mount for the 99-02 bikes, and their standard mount sticks out too much.  My can and pipes were done after a little lowside.  I would prefer almost any other brand for the SV.
I would really like the akra but now you kinda scared me. What exhaust do you use/prefer?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I prefer the best :) (makes most power, tucked in, lightest, and the nicest looking), so I guess Leo Vince. Do a search and you'll find a dyno sheet on here somewhere. Send member TWF a message....I think he has one for sale right now. They don't make 99-02 pipes anymore, so there will be modifications that need to be made to fit. I'm using a used Micron because I can't afford a new pipe after just ruining the new Akra system that I mentioned.

BTW, the Akra uses the stock passenger bracket, and the full system doesn't come with a bracket (which was a little annoying). It doesn't look as bad in the rear view pic, but it really is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
No prob, I thought you were just talking about your first gen having to mod the pipes. Anyways, it seems like I will try to find out more about the leo vince as I was just seaching and have found good things about them. Anyone know where to get a deal on a full ultra high mount system?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ive been using the akro for three years on the track and find it to be a high quality piece. Excellent power, graet sound. 2 draw backs to the pipe: very costly to purchase ( you get what you pay for ), needs repacking more often than most. For racing that is twice a year ( 12-15 weekends total). Very easy to repack but not cheap. Would I buy another? You bet!

·
Registered
76 Posts
dr_wookiee said:

Full system - ~$160.

drizz sold me the headers ($40, I think) , and eBay'd Ti can (~$100), reused an exhaust hanger and scrounged up some springs (you need 9)

Sounds great, bike was jetted a mild stage 1 before (remus 'slip on') and we upped the jets a little - sounds better and a little more agressive then the Remus without being as brash as a Micron. Don't get me wrong, I like Microns ;D

I didn't really miss the high mount, although the Remus was a nice looking can:

·
Registered
537 Posts
haha, drizz always like's giving away s**t!

it's not an akra but i do have a full RS3 yosh for sale here if anyone's interested.

i have a full Ti akra on an R6. very nice quality system.

IIRC, i don't think anyone makes a full Ti system for the SV. it maybe a Ti can but not Ti headers. if they did, you're looking @ $2k system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an 05 RC 51 with full Ti Akro race system. The slip joints for the left pipe is no where near as tight as the right side. I can twist the muffler by hand. The springs that conect the pipes are very taught too.

Sound and power are awesome!!!! but build quality of my paticular system doesn't justify $1300!!!

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
mstingray said:
IIRC, i don't think anyone makes a full Ti system for the SV.  it maybe a Ti can but not Ti headers.  if they did, you're looking @ $2k system.
WRP made a few all-titanium systems for the SV... I've got one, and one of their stainless ones 8) I was concerned about cracking headers, I've heard that's an issue on other all-ti systems with thin walls, but it's been fine for a good 5000 miles. The can's poorly designed though, it's got a restriction built in for homologation purposes instead of a removable baffle,takes a fair aount of work to sort out. Cost me £250 UK, about $450US :) The stainless one with ti midpipe and can was £80 UK (somwhere around $150US)

They've just gone properly back into street bikes, they more or less stopped making street parts for a while to do dirt bikes and supermoto race parts... But the new ones are stainless.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts