Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I know that there are some people on this site with the AK-20s, but I was wondering if anyone has used the G2-Rs from Racetech? Part of me says that that's a ton to spend on top of the bike itself; the other part of me says I've liked the bike for nearly five years and don't see a reason to get anything different, so I may as well play with the suspension.

On a more pragmatic (read: I'll probably do this instead) note, are the Traxxion damper rod drop-in kits as straightforward as they seem? In other words, if I've been mechanically inclined enough to changed ball joints and lifted the engine on a truck in the past, should this prove to be not that much of a problem? Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Luke

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
That's a lot of coin to spend on a bike that you've been enjoying for the last five years.

Instead of buying an upgrade that can potentially cost more than the current value of your bike, have you asked yourself if you are already happy with your front suspension as is? If not, what don't you like about it?

Have you tried a different weight oil first?

tk

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Hey all,

I know that there are some people on this site with the AK-20s, but I was wondering if anyone has used the G2-Rs from Racetech? Part of me says that that's a ton to spend on top of the bike itself; the other part of me says I've liked the bike for nearly five years and don't see a reason to get anything different, so I may as well play with the suspension.

On a more pragmatic (read: I'll probably do this instead) note, are the Traxxion damper rod drop-in kits as straightforward as they seem? In other words, if I've been mechanically inclined enough to changed ball joints and lifted the engine on a truck in the past, should this prove to be not that much of a problem? Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Luke
What sort of front end setup are you running now??

The damper rod install is easy, and IMO the Traxxion rods are worth the money if you're going to use emulators. I've got the rod/emulator package in the race bike (with Sonic Springs, of course! :)) and like it quite a bit.

As for going to AK-20s or other true cartridge internals...I'd have to be looking for that last couple of tenths before I spent that money.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
I pondered this for a while, as well as whether to go for a GSXR swap.

What I've decided is to just go with heavier springs and oil for now. See how I like it. Down the road, when I've got more cash, and if I'm still not satisfied with the front end (or, just bored), I'll add emulators and modified damper rods.

I would never spring for the AK's (pun intended). Before I'd drop that much coin on a single upgrade for the SV, I'd trade it for some other model bike with a better suspension.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts