Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down in a slow speed low-side (gravel) a week ago during our annual trip to the alphabet- soup twisties of South-West Wisconsin. Sore hand, but otherwise unscathed. Also, the OEM Frame Slider on the Left hand side if the bike _Did_ work and there was no damage to the radiator. Since there was a lot of dust kicked up, however, I am wondering whether I should replace the air filter as a cheap ($27) precaution. The bike runs, but doesn't seem to develop the same power as before.

Thanks,

BluByU (04' SV650S, Yosh RS-3 Race Slip-on, Z-6's,OEM Frame Sliders)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
honestly i wouldn't bother replacing the air filter, unless it's due for replacement soon anyways.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
if you are concerned about it, take the filter out and blow it out with a compressor. not worth buying a new filter unless you need one anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I'll tilt the tank, unscrew the cover and have a look at the air filter before doing anything. As far as the location of the 'alphabet soup' roads in SW Wisconsin, the best ones can be found North/Northwest of New Glarus on up to La Crosse. Rt. 33 is especially good once you get West of Reedsburg. If you do this route, stop and do a few reps on Wildcat Mtn. in Ontario. It's awesome. Just be careful when you get into heavily farmed areas - there tends to be gravel in the corners.

Tom (BluByU)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts