·
Registered
76 Posts
barber is about 15 minutes from my house...so i will probably be there

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Noob-- What do you ride? I have a '99 blue with a Buel fly screen. The old man may take his camper to camp out, but I will probably bring my 9 year old and go back to the house-20 min. away in Vest.

anyone else??

·
Registered
745 Posts
Look, us Bama boys need to get together every once in awhile. There is no excuse for this many SVs in the same area not knowing eachother. ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WeezerKDI said:
Look, us Bama boys need to get together every once in awhile. There is no excuse for this many SVs in the same area not knowing eachother. ;)
Weezer--Coudln't agree more. Just got my SV back in April, right after AMA races @ Barber. Tough to find time between keeping Corporate America, and the Fam commitments happy.

But, I plan to be totally available that weekend, and may even blow off Friday from work!

Let's plan something!! Dinner or Something!! Although I may have my 9 year old with me, so It may need to be g-rated. 29 Dreams asked us(my son and I) to leave one time after one of the AMA races two years ago.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sorry for the hi-jack, but would some of you locals (or others) be so kind as to give your $.02 on the MUSEUM at Barber?  Can't make the October event, but am hoping to visit the museum soon. Any tips on when to go, what to see, how long to spend, etc.  Thanks in advance, Steve G. in Chi

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sdg380- OOOOH! You gotta go!

Let's just say that you are going to see what has been labled the most complete motorcycle collection in the northern Hemisphere. And done in a 1st class facility. See if you can get Brian Slark, or Rick Sassnet to take you around and down the restoration room on 1st floor. It is like Surgery. Chuck Honeycut ( one of Barber's AHRMA racers and mechanics) even built George Barber 1:25 scale Matchless G50 Single motor replica with a working crank and piston in their machine shop.

Plan to spend all day if your feet can stand it. Otherwise you just won't do it justice. Take lots of Kleenex for the drool or whatever else you might excrete!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bump

Just heard that Barber is trying to turn this into a "mid-ohio" type swap meet.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Once again, spoiled by the man!

That's my work weekend. I'll be hanging in the lab that weekend. Have fun though. I expect a full report. ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WeezerKDI said:
Once again, spoiled by the man!

That's my work weekend. I'll be hanging in the lab that weekend. Have fun though. I expect a full report. ;)
Sorry Weezer, We'll do.

Anyone else?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts