Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got a double bubble windscreen a while back. put it on. i like it, good times, etc. today i took the bike out and went to lunch with some other bike guys. the bike sat in the sun for a while, it was a nice clear day. when i came back out, i noticed that the light was hitting my gauge cluster bit kinda weird from where the bubble and the regular windscreen parts come together. upon further inspection i noticed that where the light was the gauge edge was melted and a smidge disformed. could be a coincidence. the bike was fine yesterday, so i'm wondering if a A - someone messed with my bike today when i wasn't looking, or B the windscreen did a magnifying glass bit and torched the guages a smidge. bah. anything like this happen to anyone else?:'(

·
Registered
835 Posts
never. That bites either way though.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I used to read about that happening quite a bit with certain brands of double bubbles. What brands do ya'll have? Mine is fine... So far. I have an MRA.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm... that isn't cool. i wish i would have known that before but eh. mine is pretty fried on the edge. bah. i think i'll throw some 3m horse power on it or something. maybe that will prevent the whole light bit problem thing.

·
Registered
750 Posts
That is insane. Can't believe Puig actually warns people of that as a possibility and then doesn't adjust teh deisgn to fix it? Just another reason to ride naked :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
you could always park your bike facing north . (or south for anyone living south of the equator )

·
Registered
137 Posts
Interesting, I wonder if all the dual radius windhields will do this. Hotbodies, Lochart-Phillips..etc. This was going to be one of my next upgrades. Any pics of the damage?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you know. i just went out and took pictures... but i dont know anything about computers so i can't even figure out how to get them on here.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
why not just paint the inside of the stock screen black, or even paint the inside of the db screen?

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
think someone can get past me being dumb and tell me whats up.
host your pics on photobucket and then place the code in your thread....hope that helps;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts