Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time for a new lid. My local dealer has a closeout Arai Cosair V Helmet for $500 out the door, and as always with Arai helmets on me it fits like a glove. My other considering option is AGV GP Tech which can be for $475. I current have an AGV helmet that is 11 years old. Only 3 consecutive riding seasons on it and time to retire it. Just looking for opinions bc that is considerable amount of money on a lid.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Your head's worth it.

I went with an Arai because I wear glasses and it helps to be able to slide them into that nice groove. Also it fit perfectly. I'd imagine most DOT/SNELL approved helmets will protect your brain. After that what fits best and meets any other needs you have would be the priority, IMO.

... Also what looks cool.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
When I saw the thread title, I had already formed my response:

Get a Shark!

However, if the Arai fits you that well, buy it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I replaced my AGV V-Flyer with a T-2 a year or so ago. THe T-2 is the baby brother to the GP tech - I absolutely love it. BUt as others have said - if the Arai fits comfortably as well - it really is your choice, I don't think you can go wrong with either of those. Have you checked the reviews at webbikeworld?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Hit up RidersDiscount.com

Got my Shoei RF1100 at a real good price the first month it came out. Much cheaper than anywhere locally or online that I could find.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The Corsair V is a great helmet, but unfortunately one of the heavier on the market. At 3 pounds 14 oz for an XL, you can find much lighter helmets out there. The Corsair V also gets a 4 star SHARP rating.

I recently picked up a Bell RS-1 and it's almost half the price of the Corsair V, it's 7 ounces lighter, and it gets a 5 star SHARP rating. 7 ounces doesn't seem like much, but if you do a lot of track days, like I do, you'll appreciate lighter helmets. Especially if you have neck issues, like I do. An older Web Bike World weight chart: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmet-weights.htm

So, more expensive isn't always better. Do some digging. Don't go on looks alone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts