Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a helmet for the lady friend and just happen to run across this brand on motorcycle superstore. They are priced really well and all of the full face helmets are DOT and ECE approved. There is one model, the FX-16 also is Snell approved. The shells seem to be a lightweight composite poly-alloy. I'm just wondering if anyone has personal experience with them and any recommedations. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
My first track helmet was an AFX. Another brand..reasonable price, but with all the safety of the pricier brands.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have the FX-90 Like it better than the KBC I had before. Meets ECE and only $50, My only complaint is that it dosen't have adjustable vents.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Im not sure, depends on funds. I'd really love to. Depends on how things here at work go, I may be forced to use up most of my vacation days with mandatory shutdowns.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Ok, back on subject. AFX, anybody, Bueller?
first of all- welcome to SVR

second- threads get jacked. expect it.

and C- AFX is a pretty new company, you won't find much info on them out there. That being said, you did get 2 people responding with "yes, I will be purchasing an AFX helmet in the near future"

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I'm aware of the hijackers out there. Problem I have is that I can't even get my hands on one of their helmets even to inspect it. I really didn't foresee this being an issue during bike week in Daytona. There are a ton of shops here and nothing. I just want to see if they are total junk or not and how the build quality is compared to others.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
do you have a polaris dealer near you? They have rebranded AFX helmets that they sell.

it may be only dirt and dualsport helmets, but you'll be able to get an idea.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Its not a review of the helmet you asked about, but there are some good reviews of the AFX DS helmet on ADVrider.com and Im pleased with what I've read so far. Considering their price range, they sound like they're a good choice for that price range.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts