Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out to see the famous "Blues" this afternoon. Never get's old. Here's a pic of the real reason I went though. I so suck with a camera.

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
P-51's are awesome. Blue Angels are the best. That is all.

Thanks for the pics, looks like a nice day for an air show. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Great pix! Love P-51s (sexy). I see the Dayton airshow every year (I am a controller at Dayton). Actually, got to ride in Fat Albert when I was in the reserves. JATO was awesome! We went neg. Gs twice during the ride. The Blues are kinda hard to work with, the Thunderbirds are much easier to deal with. Never thought I would say that since I'm a Marine. LOL The Snowbirds (Canadians) are great to work with, very flexible, and they have beers after their show.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Go Air Force!
+ 1 million ... I'm a Thunderbirds fan myself, but I'll take any excuse to see a fighter jet demonstration team perform any day!
You're a lucky b*stard, getting to see the Angles perform ... supposed to be here in Colorado this summer ... hope to get the chance to see them, and get some pics. Great pic of the opposing cross!

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+ 1 million ... I'm a Thunderbirds fan myself, but I'll take any excuse to see a fighter jet demonstration team perform any day!
You're a lucky b*stard, getting to see the Angles perform ... supposed to be here in Colorado this summer ... hope to get the chance to see them, and get some pics. Great pic of the opposing cross!
I'd hoped to get some pics of the sneak passes by the solo guys, but had to watch instead of looking through the lens. Average speed over the field was about 450 knots or so, but the solo passes today were around 700. I hadn't seen those speeds except for when they were over the water down in Pensecola........Their hometown show is always the best.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'd hoped to get some pics of the sneak passes by the solo guys, but had to watch instead of looking through the lense. Average speed over the field was about 450 knots or so, but the solo passes today were around 700. I hadn't seen those speeds except for when they were over the water down in Pensecola........Their hometown show is always the best.
The sneak passes are friggin' sweet! Wow! Just under the speed of sound @ 700 ... that is so cool when it sounds like they are ripping the air apart, as they fly past :rock:

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The "Tank Killer" also put on one hellava show!

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A10 FTW!!! The last true stick and rudder "fighter"! Love the sound of a Warthog flying overhead ... probably more than any of our adversaries ;D
Amazing aircraft with true resilience and grit - can hold up to just about anything......

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Good stuff, I've seen the Thunderbirds a few times but the Angles have never made it over this way in recent years.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Yeah... truly awful pics indeed, Jacque. :rolleyes: <== sarcasm, BTW.

That cross-over pic is a hard one to get.

What kind of camera are you using? I find that puting my focus on Servo mode makes it a little easier, so I can only concentrate on framing and zoom.

P-51's in a dive make the most beautifull sound an aircraft can make. :thumbsup:

The A-10 is in a close second. :rock:

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah... truly awful pics indeed, Jacque. :rolleyes: <== sarcasm, BTW.

That cross-over pic is a hard one to get.

What kind of camera are you using? I find that puting my focus on Servo mode makes it a little easier, so I can only concentrate on framing and zoom.

P-51's in a dive make the most beautifull sound an aircraft can make. :thumbsup:

The A-10 is in a close second. :rock:

Konica Minolta Dimage - seems to be a good camera, I just don't have the patience to learn all the crap that it does.

I got lucky on the opposing cross shot big time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts