Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pull the trigger on a '05 gsxr front end. I'm going from S to N and instead of drilling the stock upper clamp, I would rather find a machined one already ready to accept risers. I've been scouring the internet for aftermarket top triple clamps, but I can't seem to find any. Some help from the SV community at large would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Would you be interested in an upper triple that's already been drilled with risers? I have a handlebar that's just sitting here, along with an upper triple with clamps already on. You'd have to send me your triple tho.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Did you check the Greg Li Blogspot cross reference guide? I dont know which ones work with which, maybe the RSD is cross compat?

RSD does have a top triple for an 05-06 gsxr1000 that will work with the 04-05 gsxr 600/750 bottom triple. That is the ONLY gsxr1000 triple that will work, all the others have a different offset.

The only thing is that the ignition hole with the 05-06 gsxr1000 top triple will be directly in the middle, so your steering lock will lock the bike with the front wheel pointed straight ahead.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Beg Dougz to finish his.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Do what I did...run a 2006-2007 GSXR 750 fork set that IS compatible with the 2005 GSXR1000 upper...that way you can rock Roland Sand's Gayball upper and just use stock SV risers.
The Roland Sands Gayball upper w/out riser is only $180.00...and looks great (better value than the Speigler or ABM)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I bought my custom top triple from a member on here by name gjscott, here is a link to his thread,
http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=85464

He is awesome to work with he does not do the machining himself but he gets its done from a shop, but after he got it, he even fit checked the part to make sure it works, here are pics when he fit checked my custom upper triple on his sv before sending it over. I havent had the time to instal it on my bike yet, so i am sending his pics,

i can use the stock risers, mount the stock lock and key, and also mount the gauge cluster.
I would highly recommend this guy!:rock:

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
RSD does have a top triple for an 05-06 gsxr1000 that will work with the 04-05 gsxr 600/750 bottom triple. That is the ONLY gsxr1000 triple that will work, all the others have a different offset.....
It might have the same offset, but the stem is different diameter at the clamp & top-nut. It will NOT work on that 04/05 stem.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I bought my custom top triple from a member on here by name gjscott, here is a link to his thread,
http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=85464

He is awesome to work with he does not do the machining himself but he gets its done from a shop, but after he got it, he even fit checked the part to make sure it works, here are pics when he fit checked my custom upper triple on his sv before sending it over. I havent had the time to instal it on my bike yet, so i am sending his pics,

i can use the stock risers, mount the stock lock and key, and also mount the gauge cluster.
I would highly recommend this guy!:rock:
I can do 2 triples for $300 each + shipping.

They can be supplied in any available anodized color and they can be customized, but it may affect the price.

Does anyone know what the deal is if I manage to sell these things on this forum ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts