Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of an aftermarket S fairing for the 2nd gen SV650s? I've seen lots of full fairing and race fairings, but no a/4 fairings

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Nah you're better off waiting for someone here on the forum to do a Naked swap and get their fairings for cheap... Or try fleabay

·
Registered
46 Posts
if you are still interested I'm converting my 04 650s into a race bike and will be selling all my plastics. I'm looking at selling as a set. Custom white piant.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Most "naked" conversions is because they crashed their bike, which means you won't be getting a damage free fairing.

Most fairings up for sale on Ebay are also damaged, so getting a used undamaged OEM 1/4 fairing isn't always easy. You may need to just spend the $300 and buy a new one, at least they come already painted with decal attached.

Now, if you just want a nice custom upper fairing, you aren't going to find them. Most aftermarket fairings are full fairings, many track specific. Most people are not looking for 1/4 aftermarket fairings to improve the looks of their bikes, there is no market for them.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I found my replacement upper fairing for $140 on ebay with some patience to get the right color, I've seen other colors go for less. It has a small scuff on one side but it was better then $300 for a new one.
It's possible, I just said it wasn't always easy. I also bought some body parts, left and right tail for my 06' SVS in Napolean Blue, hard hard color to find since they only made it for one year, $40 including shipping!

On the other hand, I spent several months looking for good condition upper fairing for my 03' SVS, but had zero luck finding one without paint damage or cracks, eventually just bit the bullet and bought a new one.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, a little bit of a resurrection there....

Anyways, appreciate the input but I wasn't asking about where to get stock fairings or race fairings! Just interested if there were any aftermarket S fairings which I couldn't find and no-one else seems to know exists either

Guess I'll be making my own sometime!

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Wow, a little bit of a resurrection there....

Anyways, appreciate the input but I wasn't asking about where to get stock fairings or race fairings! Just interested if there were any aftermarket S fairings which I couldn't find and no-one else seems to know exists either

Guess I'll be making my own sometime!
Check my post again. Those are not race fairings.

·
Registered
436 Posts
You can try and trim the fat off the stock front fairing/windscreen. I remember seeing a dark red SV on here with a modified one - looked pretty cool. The only issue is that all 4 of the fairing mounting points are towards the very outside of the fairing limiting the amount of material you can take off while still being able to mount it securely. I have an old cracked fairing sitting in my garage, half considering playing around with it myself this winter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am going to convert my sv650s 2008 to naked (bought sv 2 days ago for gymkhana training) ,
Now looking for parts and handlebars & headlights solution .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts