Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evenin' all! (well, it's evening here, anyway)...

I sort of asked this brief question in the European forum but I didnt want to totally hijack that thread, so here goes:

How does fitting aftermarket parts affect the Suzuki warranty? I'm really referring to my shiny new Scorpion can which I'm itching to get fitted, but i want to know if I'm going to **** up my warranty if i do...

If the warranty precludes ANY aftermarket part, then I might already be up the proverbial creek cos the dealer fitted an Ermax undertray and some motrax mini-indies for me when the bike was new - or is this ok because it was done by a dealer?

Basically, should I:

A) Not fit the can until my warranty's up.
B) Get the can fitted by the dealer
C) Fit the can myself as it won't affect the warranty

or (and I'm leaning towards this one more and more...)

D) Fit the can anyway and enjoy the noise - f*** the warranty!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
92 Posts
get the dealer to do it. if anything happens to the bike the dealer is going to be the one working on it. so you're covered or you can get him to put it in writing. you just want to cya

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I lost my owner's manual, but I seem to remember reading in it something along these lines:

Mods do not, in and of themselves, void the warranty. BUT...if the dealer determines that the mod you did is what caused the damage to the bike, the warranty is void.

For example, say you fit a full exhaust system, and remove the snorkel, and don't remap...your bike runs too lean, and suffers engine damage because of that. Warranty is void.

Other example: say you do a fender eliminator, paint your bike a different color, mount a Sargent seat, and put on aftermarket bars...and your engine blows up. Since there really isnt any way that your mods could have caused the engine damage, warranty is still intact.

make sense?

of course, you can count on your trusty dealer to do anything they can to try to figure out some way that you are at fault for your bike breaking ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.