Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pazzo, CRG, ASV. What advantages do aftermarket levers offer over the stock levers?

·
Registered
712 Posts
When I got my bike it had stock black levers but when I broke one and ordered another one it came in chrome. Is there a paint they use to make them black or do I need to order a specific black lever?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
you probably could paint it. stock ones do come in chrome/polished or the standard black.

as far as other aftermarket ones go, i think they are mainly for bling. on ASV you have a wide range of adjustment capabilities. you can get shorties, or keep long ones.

·
Registered
827 Posts
some are folding or 'unbreakable' like the ASV levers.

but they look 100x better than stock.

·
Registered
789 Posts
is it just me, or is the prices on this kind of stuff super-inflated? Does it really cost them >$50 to make levers in bulk!!!?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Most prices for aftermarket motorcycle accessories are super-inflated. That's just the way it is...

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
If I was to buy levers I would buy ASV....

why?

-Lifetime Warranty: if you fall and it gets bent or broken they will replaced it. ONLY if it bends or brakes they won't replace for scratches.
-The wide range of adjustment is huge
-You can have shorty or long ones (definitely short gold levers)

Here's a short review about them...and they sell them like 20 dollars cheaper than other places

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=5185

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Wonder why Blair hasn't copied some Pazzos.....retailed 'em for $90/pair and made a killing...hmmmm

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I dont like them.. a friend gots some pazzo on her monster and yah they look cool but they wiggle around a lot.. I dont think there is any better than measuring and cutting down the stockers.. plus its free and you wont bend or break them if you do it the right length because they will no longer hit the ground(I know from experience man). Mines look tight, one of these days i will get some pics up.

·
Registered
141 Posts
When I got all the parts for my GSXR fork swap the levers that came with everything were ASV levers. I started doing some research and then got excited about how I lucked out. The levers on my bike don't wiggle, they actually feel very solid. I have a shorty clutch lever and the only thing I can say that I don't like is the point where my ring finger contacts the lever is just barely on the little knob on the end of the lever. After a spirited ride with a lot of clutching my finger hurts. That's all. It's really easy to adjust them even with gloves on, I'm still playing with the adjusters just to see have different positions feel. So far I think they're great though. And the whole lifetime replacement thing is pretty awesome too!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not to thread jack, but does anyone have the ASV's? Do they come with their own clutch perch/mc? From the pics in the link before it looks like they come with the perch- but i can't find the other side.

·
Registered
53 Posts
how much did it cost you to powder coat them? Also how long did it take?
Well I got a bunch of other pieces done at the same time so if I were to break it down, probably $30 bucks. It took a week at the place I went to since they have a work backlog.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had ASVs on my last CBR. Frankly, I loved them. The stock levers had some lateral runout (freeplay in the perch), and the ASVs sat dead still with no play whatsoever. TONS of adjustment, custom color options (check with motomummy.com on that), smooth as silk bearings, lifetime warranty, and easy to install. It just replaces the lever, and uses the stock perch.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Not to thread jack, but does anyone have the ASV's? Do they come with their own clutch perch/mc? From the pics in the link before it looks like they come with the perch- but i can't find the other side.
Bumping because I want to know the same thing. Pictures please!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts