Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry about the misleading title guys, but needed to grab attention.

i desperately want the clear clutch cover and am def not willing to spend 250+

...so, i figure if we 650 owners band together and start a list of people willing to buy the "tossed around" idea of a circle window with a corner cut out of it near the filler for the 650, perhaps DougZ or another vendor (is there any?) would be more willing to take on the project.

for all i know they have already, but now that i have seen them on the 1000 and the first gen covers, i am uber excited... i will not be able to sleep until i have one. lol

THE LIST:
1. eternity7602
2. YOU!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Quit being a Wuss and sell plasma and maybe a little sperm in 2 months its all yours,

·
Registered
9,563 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Spend Money on Rider school, that way you'l be fast enough that no one could see your clutch cover anyway.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
What about you Spierings?
Need some bling? ;D

Shipping to the netherlands is cheaper than to the states ;)
I personaly do not like the look from the clear clutch covers.

I'm saving my money for other things, i'm busy with a ohlins shock ;D And maybe in the future a full gsxr 600 k4/5 race fairing with custom endurance lights. I also need to save some money for some other stuff.

You can PM me the price in € including shipping to the Netherlands and i can look if there is any interest on the dutch svforum.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i guess i will have to buy a spare cover and try to make one of my own. i just figured other wanting the option and someone willing to machine them could all benefit from this. the thread definitely did not accomplish what i had hoped it would.... now i have to get my lazy a$$ to complete yet one more project...

·
Registered
998 Posts
250 is affordable, Ie 10-20 hours of work. The amount of machining time and work unless you are a machinist or your wife GF or lover is will far excede the cost.

Thats the opinion of the SVr crowd. Just my .02

And Don't copy that design or will get a bad name like someone else on here. Not naming any names now.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if only they were $150 or $200 and i didnt need to spend the money on a decent 1st gen lower cover... ever since i first saw this i have been dreaming of it. but, for a purely cosmetic thing... nah, not until someone *cough*cough* comes up with a less pricey alternative.

·
Registered
998 Posts
If you are smart good looking and healthy and you don't like needles donate sperm......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts