Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bout to do a front end swap with a GSX-R...any of you that have done this, can you please let me know what your process was.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Take off old forks.
Swap bearings
Put new forks on :)

I did a bit more monkeying around to retain my ignition lock, but apart from that it was far simpler than I expected. That's a SRAD yoke, axle and wheel with K2 forks, calipers and mudguard setup on a '00 SVS. Removing and fitting the bearings, and adjusting the head bearing tightness, were probably the most difficult and nerve-wracking parts, since I've never worked with those parts before. Also, getting the suspension set up right took time- Say what you like about SV stock parts, at least they're easy to set up (well, inasmuch as they've got practically no adjustability...)

·
Registered
653 Posts
the front end swap is very straight forward. I'm currently in mid-swap....

should be on the road this coming week barring any unforseen events.

BTW - Do you guys install your own tires? The install looks easy, but balancing has yet to be explained well. Any good links?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Al, which carbon fiber fender is that? ART, Pyramid, or other?

Looks sweet. :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
finsvr said:
Hey Al, which carbon fiber fender is that? ART, Pyramid, or other?

Looks sweet. :)
Thanks, the fender is from an ebay store called AllCarbonFiber. I got it as the only bidder at $59.00! I wouldn't recommend buying from them though. The service and delivery was horrible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts