Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
You can look it up for free, I think its vincheck.com or something, do a google search. I bought one like that for $500 too, not a big problem.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
It's really easy to have a legit bike like that. It's just about as easy as having a illegitimate bike :D

Guy 1 crashed it, doesn't have insurance or doesn't want to take the loss or thinks he can repair it or wants to track it. Guy 1 sells it as a parts bike because he got half way through his project and ran out of money and time. Guy 2 buys it because he wants to track it or for a parts bike, doesn't worry about the title. You're either guy 2 or guy 3, the guy who buys it from guy 2 for the same reason.

Or guy 1 is a motorcycle thief and should be shot. Up to you to find out :p

·
Registered
546 Posts
Maybe you can get the VIN number from the guy and call up the DMV to check the title status?
We have a winner.

You can also take the VIN number to the police and have them run it for free... or look it up online, I guess.

·
Registered
546 Posts
You can also do that with the VIN. You don't need the vehicle identification number number. It's an extra step that just wastes your time.
Touche'.

Just yesterday I poked fun at a friend that kept saying "ATM machine"... I have failed the grammar Gods. :facepalm:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts