Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock '01 sv.. love it to death, but the sound coming from the pipe reminds me of a go kart I had when I was a kid. So I am thinking of changing but I am not sure of what all is involved, the best sounding, and the best for the money. Everyone on this site has been helpful and most of you have been decent. So this newbie is asking for a little advice.

Spank 'em like you hate 'em

·
Registered
278 Posts
What do you want it to sound like? ie: deep, just a little louder than stock, loud, quiet at idle and low rpm but gets loud at higher rpm... ???

Lots of exhausts, most people have not heard a bunch of different ones. I would recomend not listening to most of the "I have ____ exhaust and love it!" posts, unless you want to blindly trust them, they dont help you much.

Having said that, I like loud deep exhausts so for me its a D&D frist pick, Devil is second and M4 is third. M4 is not as loud but has great power and deep sound, overall probably the best pipe. Yes, I have heard them all on the SV, also heard 2 bros, micron, rene and yosh. I prefer the 3 listed first.

·
Registered
745 Posts
D & D is wayyyyyyy loud to me. I have a M4 and love it. Before that I had a Vance and Hines. They are cheap as hell, but not the best sounding by any means. I think someone has a website of exhaust sounds around here somewhere.

·
Registered
745 Posts
meperfecthaa said:
Wanting a liitle higher tone than stock......a little more 'whine'

You want it to sound like a I4. That's not gonna happen with the bike you have. All aftermarket exhausts for the SV make it loud and give it a growl. There is just no way around it. If you want it to whine, an I4 is the only way to get that. I don't make the rules, I just tolerate them. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts