Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Adventures with Eddiemon!

436K views 5K replies 171 participants last post by  eddiemon 
#1 ·
Today I went to Texas Loosey's bike nite.

Chazz and Steve.

Cool chopper.

See less See more
#3 ·
Pictures that Steve took:

Best sportbike trophy.

Best cruiser bike trophy.

Look who won the 50/50 raffle! ;D

The girl I'm with rides a Harley and was drawing the raffle tickets from the drum. She usually wins a raffle almost every week. I have won 4 raffles in 6 weeks. When I saw her earlier I said we're going to win tonight!

The raffle tickets sell for $5 - you get 7 tickets. The raffle prizes are gifts from sponsors and 1/2 the money from the tickets go to Loma Linda Children's Hospital and the other half is the 50/50 prize.

She won the last raffle prize before the 50/50. I told her to pick my ticket. And when she picked the ticket and gave it to Steve to read the numbers, it was MY TICKET! We just looked at each other and couldn't believe it! :D

I won $200!

#7 ·
Good, Nelly is getting the bike repaired and Beloved67 is recoving from her injuries. Nelly has been riding other bikes in the meantime.

I believe they did find the person, but haven't heard anything since...

A picture of the girls in April when we rode to San Diego

to see a stunt show with Jason Britton.

#11 ·
I took a ride to the HB doughnut shop.

They are having Hurley surf championships in HB this weekend, there are big waves also. There was 1 fatality at NB Wedge Friday.

What is that guy in blue doing?

Oh, he's checking the 2 girls tanning with their tops off, lol. :D

The north side of the HB pier.

The south side of the HB pier Where the surfing event is.

#12 ·
Today I met up with the Beach City Riders to ride Santiago Canyon to Cook's Corner, then head to the beach.

Daryl, the organizer of BCRiders.

Meet up at Jamboree and Santiago.

I'm parked next to Mary's HD, Daryl was thinking of getting his bike washed at Cook's but they charge $40. He said forget it.

Daryl decides not to ride to the beach?! The rest of us head to the beach. I told them about NB Ducati is having a BBQ and showing the races. They went to Long Beach, I stopped at NB Ducati.

We were eating and look who pulls up.

Dan Gurney and son!

http://www.allamericanracers.com/bio.html

Dan Gurney designed and builds the Alligator motorcycle.

http://www.allamericanracers.com/alligator/alligator_home.html

:)

#17 ·
Great pics & story, Eddie. I really enjoy your rides.

Wow, Dan Gurney is 78 & still riding!!!!
Those of you who don't know who Dan Gurney is, should click on that 1st link Eddie posted for his bio. (he was the first race car driver to ever spray champagne from the victory podium...)

Any luck with that interview Fri.?

#21 ·
Rode to the HB doughnut shop. The street I take to the beach (Beach Blvd.) was blocked, look like an electrical line was down - not sure if an accident caused it.

So I rode down Knott Ave. and south of GG the streets were torn up to be repaved. :p

Got back on Beach and finally made it. I was breaking in some new gloves. Only $10 (since I am on a budget) similar to the last pair I have which cost $20.

#25 ·
Rode to the HB doughnut shop. It was overcast at the beach this morning.

Above the black car there is a paramedic truck on the pier in front of the tower.

And breakfast of champions! I eat pb toast at home then at HB I have a devils food doughnut with coffee, black of course! ;)

#26 ·
I am going to the Cantina Lounge for a Wednesday bike nite. this is the 2nd one, an ocmoto peep got it started. Will take pictures.

http://cantinalounge.com/RRN/events/BIKER_RIDE_NIGHT.4059/FlyerFront/

I rode with the owner on Sunday. He rides a new ZX14 and just wears a helmet. :p

Wanted to washed my bike but ran out of time, will do it tomorrow before I go to Texas Loosey's bike nite.